Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCM SNC 7.02 and PI 7.4

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are upgrading to PI 7.4, one of the systems that uses PI is the Supplier Network Collaboration (SCMSNC 7.02).  In the old version we used the XI adapter to send and receive messages with SNC.  What has replaced the XI adapter in PI 7.4?

Thanks in advance for your help.

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello David,

I haven't worked with SNC integration, but after reading through the other threads seems like it using Proxy mechanism (XI adapter) to integrate with PI. So in PI 7.4, you can use SOAP Adapter with XI 3.0 Message protocol to send proxy messages to SNC.

Let me know if there are any questions.

Thanks,

Justin.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

david_pauley2
Participant
0 Kudos

Justin and Phani,

Thank you both for very helpful answers.  I suspected that was the way to go but just was not sure.  When it would not work it was frustrating.  In the end I made a two key mistakes:

1. In the ECC system, when I created the TCP/IP connection I did not turn on Unicode. 

2. I did not setup the RFC type G for the SAP_PROXY_ESR correctly (authority issue).

Thank you both again for your help it is greatly appreciated.

David Pauley

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to Phani's comments, please take a look at this.

Thnx.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

New version SAP PO 7.4 version , we are using SOAP adapter with Message protocol XI3.0

Outbound to SAP then just need to create the adapter or while migrating , the tool will automatically create sender adapter.

inbound to SAP then same SOAP adapter with message protocol XI3.0 and we have to mention HTTP destination, create HTTP destination in SAP Net weaver administrator .

under configuration->destinations.

regards,

phani