cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas 2.0 close pop-up screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working on a VA01 flavor. We have a scenario which triggers the material substitution as soon as a material/qty is typed in the VA01 screen. This is a pop-up inside the VA01 screen that looks something like this:

All I'm trying to do is cancel/close that pop-up. So, in my script, I have an IF condition. I'm pretty much telling the script, if the pop-up is visible/active, then just click the cancel/close button. The reason it's an IF condition is because the pop-up will not appear always. It depends on the material number entered.

Here is what the relevant portion of my script looks like:

I have tried "control exists", "is visible" and "is not empty". But no matter which action I choose, Personas is not able know about the pop-up and keeps failing. I have also tried selecting the whole pop-up window (ses[0]/wnd[1]), specific fields inside the pop-up and also the whole table inside the pop-up. Nothing seems to work.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong or if there is another way of handling this.

I also made sure that I have the screen control overwrite rules setup for VA01, VA02 and VA03 per note 1999747 before the flavor was created.

Thanks,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would rather suggest using the 'control exists' condition and perhaps referencing the 'Cancel' button itself - but most importantly, before querying about the control, you have to use a 'Refresh Screen' action in the script.

Do you have that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas! The refresh screen action before the IF condition did the trick!

So I guess it's a good practice to always have a refresh screen whenever you're dealing with sub-screens or pop-up screens.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It is not related to pop-up screens. Any time when you want the Personas client to see the latest state of the screen to query the content (following a possible change in the backend transaction's screen), you have to use the Refresh Screen action in the Silverlight-based Personas releases.

At the same time, you want to keep the number of Refresh Screen actions to the minimum and use them only if they are required because this means an extra roundtrip between the client and the backend which has an effect on performance.

0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas, your answer helped me solve a pop-up with the vertical SAP- ISH transaction NWP1(Call-Center).

best regards,

Answers (0)