cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHECK functionality in PRRW Transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The CHECK functionality in PRRW transaction (Posting Run Management) act exactly as a POST except it does not actually post?

What I understand after clicking on CHECK button the system checks to see if the specified expense/reconciliation accounts, employee customer/vendor accounts and account assignments for controlling exist and whether they can be posted if not it through an error.

We have to REJECT that posting run ...resolve the errors.... re-run the PRFI transaction to create new posting run.

Is it possible to identify the errors in posting run before POST so that repeated process can be saved?

Please share if anyone faced similar issue or done any enhancement in PRRW on same line.

Thanks,

AR

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you don't need to reject and restart all the time - simply fix the errors, "Check" again until free of errors, then "Post".

If you ever had to fix postings runs which got posted without previous check, you should love this feature. It prevents you from very ugly work. So in my opinion, there is no need for enhancement of the function - enhance your FI settings or CO closing procedures if required, and everything is fine.

regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sigi and Michael for your suggestion and help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AR,

from my understanding this is what you have to do if an error comes up.

There is no "short way".

But what do you have for errors that you have "always" to create, post and to re-work on errors?

Normale the error rate is very small after a successful implementation.

Best regards,

Sigi