cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP TM installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning to install SAP TM with following options either SAP TM as stand alone system or as add-on in SCM - i.e TM installation with EWM.

So, does it have any functionality missing as stand alone installation and any adv /dis adv with this option. And, what is the best option to go for installation.

Thank you in advance.

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You use any ot the option. One precaution is TM is a NetWearver Addon not an SCM add-on. So, follow the installation guide for this.

If you want to use TM-EWM integration then you can go for TM & EWM on the same system. But is your EWM system already setup? If yes, then which deployment option it has?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish, Thank you for your reply.

We have already EWM deployed on SCM server. Now, we are looking for installation of TM.

Will be there any functionality additions or missing if we go with Stand alone TM or Integration of TM with EWM. What are the advantages with installation of SAP TM as standalone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

As I mentioned, TM is only a NW addon so if you are already deployed EWM on SCM server then you can't install TM on the same instance. EWM can be deployed as SCM addon, ERP Addon and NW Addon. If you have deployed EWM as NW addon then you can install TM also on the same instance.

if you go for TM as standalone which you have to in your current EWM deployment, then you need to connect the TM and EWM using PI or web services. But in terms of functionality, TM will provide you same functionalities in both the cases. I hope it clarifies your question.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182454
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It just depends on the architecture you are planning and only consideration we need to give is on performance and response time of system. I have worked on projects where TM-EWM has been installed on same server .

As long as you are following SAP installation guide its not going to hamper the functionalities you are planning to use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukarjee, If we deploy EWM and TM on same system - still do we need to integrate using PI or

webservices for any scenarios.

Former Member
0 Kudos

WE have used this scenario for a customer and we used PI to integrate EWM & TM even though it was on same system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Thank you very much for you replies and time.

I am trying to find the information on above in detail , but, i dont see anything.

What are the reasons to have PI in place in all the scenarios. ex: TM as stand alone , TM with EWM

and as per my knowledge , we need to have PI installation to integrate TM with ECC. Can't we interface with TM using CIF with ECC. Where as for EWM scenario, CIF take cares of everything interfacing with ECC.

Thanks...

Sirni

ThomasQ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The ECC-EWM integration is based on CIF for master data (e.g. locations) as well as for transactional data (e.g. deliveries).

The ECC-TM integration is based on CIF for master data only. This is due to the fact that TM uses the software component SCM_BASIS for its master data basically in the same way as EWM does (so existing integration tools from pre-TM times could be re-used).

For transactional data web services are used, typically via PI (search for P2P or WS-RM if you would like to avoid PI for this). Since TM uses new own transactional data no existing tools could be re-used for that. The choice was to create that new integration via web services.

For a direct EWM-TM integration (i.e. not via ECC deliveries) web services are used as well.

The different integration scenarios do not depend on whether TM is installed as a stand alone system or on top of an EWM installation. Even with EWM and TM on the same installation you have to use web services (via PI or WS-RM) for the direct EWM-TM integration.

Regards, Thomas