cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agentry - Performance Testing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to performance test Agentry with SMP SP08?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sravanthi_polu
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply!  I'm looking for how to script out performance tests more than how to performance tune.  I'd like to see how the application handles certain loads (number of users).

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Unfortunately there isn't an easy way to accomplish this due to the nature of the Agentry protocol.  Your best option right now will be to the standalone ATE scripting (using WinCE platform most likely) which has some stability issues.  The other option would be to find a testing tool that can simulate user interaction and then most likely scale it out using VMs to the number of users you want to test.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just as a quick follow-up question, can you initiate actions directly in the test scripts?  A lot of the interaction in my application is dependent upon an OpenUI control so it won't work in the ATE.  I mainly want to initiate actions and measure the response time.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The scripts simulate the user interactions so no direct running of actions.  You would have to create temporary buttons to call the actions and then script pressing the buttons.

--Bill

Answers (0)