Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SFTP and PGP keys

itabhishek9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi SDNites,

Can you pllease let me know the below,

1. I normally generate keys using PUTTY. Can the keys generated using this approach be used for SFTP connectivity. As I am also aware that for SFTP connectivity we can login into NWA and generate the certificate and keys from there. So does that mean both approaches are fine and will work.

2. Can the keys generated using PUTTY be used for PGP encryption and decryption.

3. There are many key generators in the market like PUTTY, GP4win etc. and either of them can be used to create keys for SFTP, PGP, FTPS etc.

Regards,

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vicky20691
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

To answer your queries -

1. No any and every tool can't create keys for both SFTP and PGP.

2. Yes, SFTP certificates can be generated by NWA. Both putty and NWA will be fine for SFTP key exchange. 

Generating SSH Keys for SFTP Adapters - Type 2 - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

3. PGP keys must be generated by PGP key generation softwares.

My personnel favorite --

1- PGP desktop -- has features to generate keys, test the keys, encrypt and decrypt a PGP message with the same software to check key is fine or not.

2. GPG4win - this will generate keys. Remember it many a times generate keys (private and public ) in same file. Just cut paste the content in 2 separate file to make them individual keys.

3. The most simple approach and working approach if your JCE is fine.. is go to this website

http://onlinepgp.ws/

For JCE --

Regards,

Vikas