Did you mean: 

How to use PAM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

Our system is EHP2 of SCM7.0.

I will migrate our system.

Now:

1) the database is oracle 12c on  linux.

2) my sap is on HP-UX.

Then I want to check which kernel version is avalible for this sistuation.

So I go to the PAM (service.sap.com/pam):

In the database platform tab of EHP2 of SCM7.0, step 1, I select the oracle-64bit, then How to select operating system? The OS is HP-UX or Linux?

Thanks

Best Regardds

szw

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member218800
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Shuai,

In step 2 you should cloick on the appropriate check-boxes for HP-UX. Somestimes it's a bit slow, so you should wait a few seconds and try again.

After that you will see all supported kernels.

I hope that helps!

Best Regards,

Carol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Carol,

Thanks for your response very much!

That is to say: the column #operating system# is SAP server's os,  not database's os?

In another project, I also need to install database and sap on different server. So in the PAM, I can only get the os information of sap server, but no os information of database server. Is this right?

Thanks

Best Regards

Szw

former_member218800
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Shuai,

I now understand better what you mean!

Please read SAP note 1786123 for an explanation which is mentioned at the top of the PAM entries.

In addition I would like to refer you to the planning PAM of the appropriate "underlying" NetWeaver Release, which is EHP3 of NW 7.0 in this case. This document contains exactly what you're looking for. Search within PAM for EHP3 of SAP NetWeaver 7.0 to find it.

See attached pictures:

Then select the "OS/DB" link of the table of contents and you will see the following with the appropriate legend to explain the matrix...

Regards,

Carol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Carol,

About note 1786123:

I have checked the note 1786123. But this note is confusing to me. This note says the column #operating system# is for both SAP Application and Database server layer. That is to say, if sap and database use the same os, it is easy, I only select the right os in PAM. BUT, if sap and database are on different hardware platforms. I want to do two thing:

1) select which sap-kernel-verion/os-version pair is OK.

In this situation, I only care the oracle-version, but not os of oracle server.So I select HPUX in my case.

2) select which oracle-version/os-version pair is OK.

In this situation, I do not care sap any more. So I can also use the following screen to check whether racle-version/os-version pair exists.

Is the understanding of note 1786123 is right?

About planning PAM:

I will learning more about this.

Thank you very much and I am a fresh man of SAP, forgive my troublesome.

Best Regards

Shuai zhongwei

former_member218800
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Shuai,

No problem!

About SAP note 1786123: Yes, but it says as well that if there is a difference between the DB server and the Application server then this is mentioned within the comments of the "additional information" column on the attached image above.

In the case of Oracle DB there is no difference between the AS and the DB server regarding the kernel supported. However, it always refers to SAP use ...

Best Regards,

Carol