cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my Parallelization of EEM Script Execution work without blocking

0 Kudos

Hello Community, hello Jens

I do have a need for clarification with respect to parallelization of eem script executions.

Parallel "instances" = Script Execution" of the same script connecting to different sap application server with same user name for logon.

Every 5 mins, to the same sap application server.

Please see the overview picture

Do you expect any executions conflicts, blocking situations?

What are key variables handle dynamically per script execution?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nealgenocchi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Martin,

For guidance on parallelization, please refer to the following wiki guide.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/EEM/Script+Synchronization+and+Serialization

Blocking situation can arise, but this guide should avoid such problems. In terms of
key variables, again these should be noted within. I hope this assists.

Best regards,

Neal

0 Kudos

Hey Neal,

i did read the wiki guide before.

Then i planned my scenario with the schedules as examples above.

For this scenario i thought i´m not getting an issue while login always to different app. server in parallel.

So i would think i don´t need to configure any of the concepts in the wiki with respect semaphores or offsets...

But i would like to get a "second" option...

Why do you think in my scenario a blocking situation can arise?

Thanks Martin

nealgenocchi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Martin,

Apologies if the phrasing wasn't as clear as it should have been. I didn't mean that in your scenario a blocking situation can arise. I meant in general that this guide would avoid blocking situations arising. I wasn't sure if you had reviewed this resource and wanted to highlight its use.

For a script to receive an issue where the execution fails (likely a 509 error), we would see this commonly caused due to the same script being executed by more than one robot. As you have referred to this wiki and from what I can see and understand by your Excel, the issue will likely not occur for you. Have you been able to test this in an environment yet?

Best regards,

Neal

0 Kudos

Hi Neil,

thanks four your feedback.

I´m about to start testing that scenario to verify.

Martin

nealgenocchi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Martin,

That would be perfect, let me know the result.

Best regards,

Neal