cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA pagination - Navigate forward and backward through result set in XSJS service

Former Member
0 Kudos

--> branched by Lars (Moderator) from

Hi Patrick/Lars,

How were you able to use the temporary table with a XSJS service? My requirement is to enable pagination on a union of 4 tables each consisting - 40 M rows of data. The user selection (where clause) might lead to 500K rows of data. The UI technology is UI5.

My concern is the same as the original thread. I don't want to execute my union again and again in order to apply limits and offsets. I want to do what is mentioned in this thread. Extract and insert to a temporary table and connect UI to this table. However, a temporary table truncates after a session is closed. Is there a way to use this design with XSJS? If I create a HANA table (instead of temporary table) to replicate user session, it would lead to un-necessary logs and i/o problems. Please advise.

Regards,

Kevin

Message was edited by: Lars Breddemann

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

We had a similar requirement and we created a calculation view instead of putting data retrieval logic in XSJS file and created a corresponding xsodata service. If you are trying to display data in UI table or list you can use growing list or table control and can define growing threshold value and bind the xsodata service you created. It will take care your top and skip functionality automatically.

Thanks

SAI