cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDT Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I have a scenario where I have to give certain users access to the IDT tool on a DEV server. (BO 4.1 SP4 )

My questions are :

1. Is there a client tool that can be installed on the local machines for IDT access?
  2. If not, then user accounts will have to be created for Remote Desktop to the server?
  3. Then also, BO user accounts belonging to the Universe Designer Group in the CMC?
  4. I have seen that if you are logged onto the server via RD with Administrator credentials, and you open IDT, it logs you in automatically. Is there a way to configure IDT to ask for credentials every time it is opened?

Regards

Lukas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

• Is there a client tool that can be installed on the local machines for IDT access?

You needs to install the BO Client software at local machine to access the IDT. Once you installed the client software it will looks like this.

• If not, then user accounts will have to be created for Remote Desktop to the server?
  • Then also, BO user accounts belonging to the Universe Designer Group in the CMC?

Universe designer group is the default group in the BO CMC. Access is depend on how are you going to setup the security in the CMC.It is not          necessary to add all users in the Universe designer group to get the access on IDT.If you will  add the user group in the BO CMC->Applications->Information designer tool and grant the access,users will get the access.

• I have seen that if you are logged onto the server via RD with Administrator credentials, and you open IDT, it logs you in automatically. Is there a way to configure IDT to ask for credentials every time it is opened?

When you click on the IDT then home screen come automatically.But every time you needs to enter the user details for particular server login under the repository resource panel in IDT. are you able to retrieve any universe from repository without manually entering the user details.?

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Thanks a lot for your reply. It has cleared it up for me perfectly!

Best regards

Lukas

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_melters
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi, One short remark to your first question:

1.Is there a client tool that can be installed on the local machines for IDT access?

You can use WebI Rich Client to test your local universes. If you have a local connection in your Data foundation, you can publish the Universe to a local folder and the WebI RC can access that Universe for testing purposes. In order to do that you don't even need to authenticate in WebI. You set Standalone as Autthentication method and directly use the universe. WebI is the only client tool that can use local universes. All the other tools need repository access.