Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Customer for all the WBS Element postings

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am tryng to get Customer associated with any WBS posting in PS. The effort I have done for this is as below;

1. Took OBJNR from PRPS for the required WBS Elements from CJI3 output.

2. Passed OBJNR into COVP to get all the relevant postings along with the cost elements.

Now, my point is can I get the Customer Number for all the WBS postings or Cost Elements?

Postings which are happening through Sales Cycle...I can get the Customer from VBRK table for the relevant WBS.

Tried all possible options from my end.

Immediate help is really appreciated.

Regards,

MRD

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Most postings to a WBS are for cost postings and there is not a direct relationship to a customer.  For example, when a Purchase Order posts costs to a WBS there is no customer involved.

The relationship between customer and WBS is through the account assignment on a SD document.

This sounds like a custom reporting requirement.  If you have a WBS hierarchy you won't have a direct relationship from a WBS to a SD document (ie, Sales Order, Sales Contract, etc.) for the lower level WBS.  In your report you will need to trace from the WBS up the WBS hierarchy to the Billing WBS that is account assigned on a SD document.  From there you can get the Sold-to Party Customer.

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all. I will come up with detail document on this issue soon.

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The requirement was to get Revenue based on Customer. We have the following business scenarios in our system;

1. Project based Sales

2. Material Procurement against WBS

3. Revenue Recognition

4. Internal Order/Service Order- WBS

Out of the above scenarios to get the Customer was quite complex. We adopted the following steps;

1. Get the Actual Revenue & Cost from CJI3.

2. Removed the Settlement Cost Elements from selection.

3. Ran the report for required period.

We got the below Reference transactions in the report output column;

-    VBRR ( Revenue Recognition)

-    VBRK ( Billing Document) 

-    AUAK (Doc. header for Settlement)

-    MKPF ( Material Document)

Following transactions were used to get the data;

-CJI3 ( To get Revenue & Cost for given period)

-VBRP/VBRK - To get Sold- to -party

- VBREVE - To get Sold-to-Party

-IW73 - To get Sold-to party for Service Orders

-VBPA -To get Order Vs Sold-to-Party

-PRPS to get Profit Center

*    All the data is captured based on WBS Element.

*    CJI3 parameters selected

- All pojects available in the required system

-Posting Perod - 01.12.2015 to 21.12.2015

- Cost Element Selected - All ( Filtered - Settlement Cost Elements)

Calculated Gross Margin, just based on Revenue & Cost (from data captured from CJI3).

Thought it may help beginners.....

Regards,

Mohan

Message was edited by: mohan desai Closing the thread.

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You said you are running revenue recognition with Results Analysis.  Results Analysis postings do not show up in CJI3.  Check your results.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

posting data usually stores in BSEG table so here you can get all kind of information as customer if used as reference wbs as account assignment.

Regards,

Sanjeev

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ken Melching/Sanjeev,

1. You are right. In order not to missout REV REC component I used VBREVE to get data with respect to WBS.

2. BSEG Table will not give all the details sometimes(dependent on our business postings). Checked BSEG, BSIS & BSAS tables as well.

Thanks for your inputs again...

DaveS4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Mohan,

What is the business requirement?

The customer projects collect revenue, then through Results Analysis and settlement, the revenue ends-up in COPA. In the COPA record you will be able to see Sales order, Customer and WBS element number altogether as characteristic values.

Regards,

Dave

bhaskar_basam
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can get it in VBAP

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

first of all could you please let us know which scenario you are doing and what are assignments to WBS or WBS assign to other order as account asigned.

now if you have account assigned wbs in sales document item than you need to identify sales document item on basis of WBS so you can check table VMPA to find sales document using WBS.

than you need to chack VBAK and VBAP for customer.

or if you have assigned partner determination in WBS than you can search on that side.

thanks

Sunil

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

Thanks for your quick reply. Let me dig deep into this subject. It seems its not that easy to track the Customer for FI postings done through FB50 for example for the WBS elements. Now in continuation to this subject I am looking into CJI3 output which mostly refers to BKPF table. There are two columns in the output- Document No & Ref Doc.No. The ref doc. no refers to the billing doc.no. But, what about Document No. column? What does it represent.

Thanks in advance.

MRD

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Its a Controlling doc number actually.

Still I feel its not possible to make out Customer Number for all the WBS Elements generated in CJI3.

Thanks

MRD

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

First you decide or ask your client for exact requirement. customer and controlling doc are different.

thanks

Sunil