cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure one gateway for multiple instances?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed a distributed system.

I would like to use the gateway of central instance only for the entire system.

So, all the other dialog instances can only use central instance gateway.

Please let me know how to configure the above mentioned scenario?

thanks and warm regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member214364
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

it depends on Installation type.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw75/helpdata/en/48/ace6623b1e35bae10000000a42189d/content.htm?current_...

• For systems that contain AS ABAP each instance contains a gateway that is started and monitored by the ABAP Dispatcher.As long as the system is installed with ASCS instance (ABAP Central Services, made up of the message server and standalone enqueue server), this does not contain a gateway in the default configuration. It is still possible to configure a gateway on the ASCS instance.
  • In a Java-only system (in the figure below on the right), one gateway is enough for the whole system since the instances communicate with each other and not using the RFC. The gateway is used for RFC/JCo connections to other systems.
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagadish

I already checked the link before posting.

My ABAP system is netweaver 7.40.

I do have an ASCS00.

One central instance DVEBMGS00, D01 and D02. All of them have their own gateway.

DVEBMGS00 = sapgw00

D01 = sapgw01

D02 = sapgw02

But, I want to know if I can only use one gateway i.e. sapgw00 for all instances

DVEBMGS00 = sapgw00

D01 = sapgw00

D02 = sapgw00

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are in the wrong place, this is not the gateway you are looking for ,

GowthamRaja
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michel,

Are you using gateway hub architecture? You want to connect multiple backend systems to the gateway hub?

If this the case,

1. Create RFC destination between gateway system and backend system, check the connection test is working fine.

2. Create system alias.

Thanks,

Gowtham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a distriubted netweaver system. 1 central insance, and 2 dialog instance.

So, I have three gateways sapgw00, sapgw01 and sapgw03.

For all the instances, I want to use sapgw00, for application development purpose.

Do you have any idea how to achieve that?

thanks in advance!