Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc Import in IDX2 is different from Idoc Definiton in WE30

christopherko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

i have a problem with the import of an Idoc definition in SAP PI. An existing Z_Idoc has been modified. I've imported the Idoc in ESR, there it looks fine. Exactly the same structure like in WE30 from the SAP-system where i get the Idoc. In the next step, i've updated Idoc in IDX2 on the PI-System. Source is the same SAP-System as in the step before. And here is the problem. In IDX2, after the import, there is one additional field. To be precise, one of the fields exists twice, with another Offset. I dont know where it comes from. Do you guys have any explanation?

Idoc in WE30

Idoc after import in IDX2

Greetings

Christopher

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christopherko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Maybe i've found an explanation for the problem.

As i said, it's a Z_IDoc. The developer has removed a field in the structure, which is no longer needed. After this, the problem with the metadata occured.

Now he implemented this field again and it works.

I read somewhere that you never should remove fields from the structure of an existing idoc. You simply dont fill them, if you dont need them.

is this a possible explanation for the problem with the metadata?

Regards,

Christopher

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am also unsure, but then again we have never tried removing a field in the idoc structure.

Regards,

Mark

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

Which PI version are you using? Have you tried deleting the metadata and triggering the idoc at runtime?

Regards,

Mark

christopherko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

we are using version 7.31

I've tried deleting metadata and triggering the idoc at runtime. The automatically importet metadata has the error, too.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Can you try running the report idx_check_metadata and see if there are inconsistencies?

Regards,

Mark

christopherko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

thank you, i dont know the report so far.

The report told me the following:

What to do now, what is the source of the error?

greetings

Christopher

christopherko
Explorer
0 Kudos

After executing the report idx_check_metadata i've also noticed, that in IDX2 is a new port called "SAPSUPPORT" with my Idoc. In this version, the metadata are correct. What does that mean?

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

It just means that the metadata is inconsistent. How about the idoc syntax check in ECC? Does it produce any errors?

Regards,

Mark

christopherko
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

where to do the idoc synthax check? I've checked we30 / we31 / we60 and see no problems there.