Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode connection to PCo

senthil_kumar44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to connect barcode scanner to PCo. Is it possible to connect barcode scanner to PCo directly?

Earlier we have used normal web page(like text box) in MII and once value scanned we received the scanned value in MII and process it. But now we want to trigger MII transaction once value is scanned in scanner. But this is without using web page.

So we planned to connect barcode scanner to PCo. Is there any other alternative ways to trigger MII transaction from barcode scanner?

Thanks,

Senthil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

H Senthil,

PCo does support any direct Barcode scanner connection via keyboard emulation or Serial Port. If your barcode scanner has serial (RS-232C) connection, you can use a Serial - Ethernet Server to put the scanner on the network and use the PCo Socket Agent to receive the barcode data -- several customers have done this. I have personally used the B&B Electronics Vlinx Ethernet - Serial servers for adapting Serial devices to Ethernet and PCo access, and they work well.

Regards, Steve

senthil_kumar44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I have one doubt. Is it possible to connect multiple wireless barcode scanners with single PCo - socket agent? Can we connect via WiFi? If so, then how can we identify the source of input?

Thanks,

Senthil

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

A single PCo Socket Agent can define multiple connections, each identified by a unique combination of IP address and Port, and each connection has a unique name.  WiFi is fine as long as the IP address is routable from PCo Socket Agent to WiFi device, and the WiFi device is a Server, not a client.  If you have multiple barcode scanners connected to a single IP/Port connection, then you will have to place identifying information (i.e., a unique detectable Prefix that is NOT part of the barcode data, like A1, A2, B01, etc.) in the scanner to be transmitted with the barcode.  Then the PCo Agent Instance Notification can use string logic in the Trigger logic to detect a particular scanner and process its barcode data.

Regards, Steve