cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP PReq creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need your help in understanding the system-behavior for creation of SNP PReqs. We are using SNP heuristic as planning engine.

I have two questions here :

1. Why system does not create one PReq each for each Forecast demand when the lot-sizing policy is lot-for-lot ?

2. For the Forecast of 11th Jan -- the available stock is going in negative.Why does system not procure in-time to avoid going in negative ?

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer to your questions, I think you need to check some of your master data. Your screen shots clearly indicating that, You have Weekly Lot sizes. So it has created one order at the beginning of the bucket, which is covering your entire weeks shortfall.

Further your PR quantities indicates that you have Traget days supply is NIL. so you do not need to look upon this.

However, since you have reported this incident, I think you have faced some genuine issue (which is not mataching with your example). Recently, I had faced some issues (in regard to PR date & qty)-> I had applied notes- 1557018, 1749584, 1903443, 2143656, 2062868, 2083089, 2079216, 1947582, 1911214, 1994470, 2024427, 1882282 and 2224938 (released by OSS for adressing our issue). You can try these notes.

Thabk You!

Regards,

Animesh Rana

ruchi_das2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

One of the primary things you need to consider is the Planning Book / Data View on which the SNP Heuristics was run. Looking at you screenshots, it looks like it has been run on a Weekly bucket Data View. What this means is that all the demands in a given week are cumulated and a receipt is generated based on your lot size settings.

For Example,

Demand from 11 Jan 2016 - 17 Jan 2016 is 248 Units

Min Lot size for receipt - 25

Rounding Value - 25, this rounds up 248 to 250.

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone please try to answer this question as I still think that the heart of the issue is not reached ?

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your master data can you please remove the 'Targ.Stk lvl Mehtod' and also take out the Min. Lot Size and Rounding value, then run SNP again and check your results.

Regards,

Anil

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The PDT should not be a problem.

Try removing the period factor. It should not be a problem since you are using lot for lot, but I will try without the period indicator.

Kind Regards,

MAriano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Welcome to APO supply planning area.

APO will consider all the defined lead times i.e. planned delivery time or lead time in transportation lanes while creating the supply element. It could be due to lead time, for the initial period is unable to create supply element and you get into negative.

Once your are out of lead time window, system will create a big Purchase REQ. and balance the supply situation. Once you are +ve side with supply, SNP heuristic will create purchase re-questions considering minimum lot size as 25K and if demand is more then 25K , the round value i.e. 25K will come into picture which means PRs will get crated always with multiplication of 25K. Please try to chagne the rounding value as 1 and then you could be close to your expecated results.

Request you to please cross check and let us know if this information helps you.

If yes please close the thread as mentioned in

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thanks for your reply but that is just the general explanation of concepts. I am afraid that it does not answer any of my questions.

1. The concept of lead time window applies only if you are placing a demand in really short horizon which is lesser that your PDT. If SNP was out of the lead time window on 31st Dec --then why it did not create one BIG PReq or several  PReqs on 31st Dec or later to cover the forecast so that we do not go in negative on 11th Jan ?

2. Keeping minimum lot size and rounding value in mind -- there is no logic that system should create one BIG PReq . e.g. instead of creating one big Preq on 8th Jan -- it could have created several smaller PReqs even after 8th Jan . By that time system is already out of the 'lead time window'. What is driving the system to create one BIG PReq rather than several smaller PReqs ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please find below my answers

1. The concept of lead time window applies only if you are placing a demand in really short horizon which is lesser that your PDT. If SNP was out of the lead time window on 31st Dec --then why it did not create one BIG PReq or several  PReqs on 31st Dec or later to cover the forecast so that we do not go in negative on 11th Jan

?

Amol:- You are using plan SNP heuristic with simple network ? Can you please check lead in the transportation lane if it is maintained or SNP Stock transfer Horizon maintained in SNP2 view of material master. As I mentioned, you require to check the lead times and I am sure you will find the reason. If it´s standard heuristics, I am more then sure we could have issue with Lead time or Master data set ups.

2. Keeping minimum lot size and rounding value in mind -- there is no logic that system should create one BIG PReq . e.g. instead of creating one big Preq on 8th Jan -- it could have created several smaller PReqs even after 8th Jan . By that time system is already out of the 'lead time window'. What is driving the system to create one BIG PReq rather than several smaller PReqs ?

Amol:- You have defined minimum order size not maximum order size. If you defined lot for lot and you want defined order size for each small order then define the maximum order size.  Minimum order size is order would be get created with more then this size but there is threshold on upper side. You can defined threshold by using Maximum order size.

Hope this clarifies s your doubts.

Thanks

Amol