cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple storage locations (physically at the same place) = multiple warehouse numbers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am just going through our customizing and wondering why someone created multiple warehouse numbers at some point. The scenario is the following:

Plant     S.Loc     Warehouse number

1000     1000     100

1000     1100     110

1000     1200     120

etc.

Storage locations 1100/1200 are physically inside storage lcoation 1000. They represent warehouse shuttles. What advantage do I have in creating multiple warehouse numbers here rather then having all those 3 in the same warehouse number and using different storage types?

Regards,

Kai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could be they want to maintain unique shipping points for each storage location. As mentioned by other there are multiple reasons for this or error

former_member198492
Contributor
0 Kudos

There may have been a specific need to split MRP as you are able to maintain separate MRP profiles per storage location.

Do you use material staging to production lines? I have seen it where separate storage locations are used and in order to have production bins, a warehouse is maintained under the additional storage location. Then using MRP profiles materials can be ordered in for specific production areas to stop croiss-supply issues.

...or, it is error!

Blueprint should document such requirements

Darren

former_member193808
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check if there's any material lying in alternate warehouses? There's no reason to create multiple warehouses, but there may be some specific requirement from business. Please go through the BBP and also check with business users before concluding

Thanks

Prem

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is more towards business strategy and business consulting, please refer the FIT-GAP or business blueprint document related to enterprise structure or business process that will give some idea why this is maintained like this