cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Document no with A00000** Series in simple Finance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we are implementing the simple finance with HANA, while testing we noticed that the controlling documents are updating with the A0000* series but we have not created any number range interval with the above. Could you please any help me and how can we check the number range interval in the system.

Best Regards,

Raju.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184878
Active Contributor

Hello,

This explanation from SAP Help shall answer your question.

Use link below and please go through the information which is given.

all the best erwin

Document Numbers in Controlling - Controlling (CO) - SAP Library

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member184878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

br erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

Nowhere we specify these A series number ranges, system will automatically generate these numbers. When a finance document creation initiate a controlling document, then you will find these number ranges.

Rgds

MBN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you not maintained number range like A* then it could be documents that are not represent standard business processes, like Balance Caryforward(from Year to Year), Balance reconciliation(during migration)

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Hope these A* number ranges are not for all transactions . Probably it is for specific transactions (like  secondary cost posting etc) .. Can u pls check that.

Regards,

Mrinal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raju,

The CO number range are linked differently in S/4 HANA Finance.

Please see the point no.2 in my blog to understand how FI document is linked to CO document type

The number range assigned to the Document type controls how the numbers are generated for CO transaction

Blog:-

Hope this helps solve your issue,

Please close this issue,

Regards

Rishab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I am posting Expense Entry I am getting following error message , ideally Co document number ranges need not to be maintained for transaction type COIN  but not sure why system is still asking for number ranges.

I have maintained all relevant settings under "Integration of Controlling with Financial accounting"

Regards

Kishor Reddy

loren_schmidt
Participant
0 Kudos

I think I have maintained the configuration outlined in the document; but, am still getting this same error message.  Did you get it resolved?

loren_schmidt
Participant
0 Kudos

I solved this today by adding the COIN element to the appropriate group in transaction KANK. 

I'm not sure whether this would normally automatically migrate?  We had migrated an R3 system to S4 that was configuration only (no postings) and then have been adding necessary config/data to allow postings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raju,

This is the internal number generated by SAP to keep track of the controlling document.

Regards,

Vikash

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.