cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detete TMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My TMS domain controlled is on DEV, its saying the TMS configuration is inconsistent when I go into STMS, when I look at the system overview, it says the QA system configuration needs adjusting, I was thinking the best idea would be to delete TMS and rebuild it, if I do this, what happens to under lyingfiles on \usr\sap\trans ?, things like the datafile & cofiles for transport already created, we have lots of transports in there and I do not want them deleting, will it just change the profiles in the bin directory if i delete TMS?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, just wanted to check the data & cofiles are ok after deletion/recreation of TMS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Before you decide about deleting your TMS first try to adjust the configuration with the Domain controller.Once you have added systems to Transport Domain you need to approve the systemin domain controller.

Login to thedomain controller and approve the system

>SAP system>approve

Then adjust the configuration with the domain controller

>Transport Routes>Configuration>Adjust with controller

this shuld be solving your issue.

Also check if you have distributed the configuration across your transport domain

Check this link for some more idea about the configuration of TMS

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/44/b4a0137acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

**Reward suitable points for the query if solved

*Mark the thread as solved once you revcieve your answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

Adjusting the configuration of the controller worked, so now the configuration is consistant, the problem I was having is that when I was trying to re-add the QA system to the domain controller during the day, it was failing on the TMSADM user password, we have the parameter login/min_password_digits set to 1, so when TMS was reset the password, it was failing, so I had to change the parameter and restart the system at the weekend when no users were logged on, then adjust.

Does anyone know what exact directories/files are deleted if you delete TMS on the domain controller, in a live landscape, i'd be concered to delete it and rebuild incase it affected already created transprts in the \buffer \cofiles and \data directories ?

Paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ecnrip,

The data,cofiles and buffer directories wont be affected.

However your tranport profile will be changed in my opinion.

Regards.

Ruchit.