cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does MDG supports s4/HANA as a target system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to replicate  material or vendor created in MDG system to s4/hana system?

Thanks and Regards

Vaibhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henk_verdaasdonk4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vaibhav,

The SAP Business Suite 4 SAP HANA (SAP S/4HANA) on premise edition. Is an ECC system with plugin for S/4 Hana Finance or Logistics. So in that case you can replicate material or vendor data from MDG hub.

For the cloud edition I'm not sure. You have to lock if the correct service is available.

Cheers,

Henk.

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in addition: on premise can still support both IDoc and SOA. Cloud is SOA only (at least for MDG-BP/C/S and MDG-F). You can even use a S4/HANA on premise with MDG as your hub. That's currently not possible for the plain cloud edition.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

For my customer landscape, MDG would be on a separate HUB connected to Central Finance (S4/HANA) and legacy ECC system.

Can we use following Web Services to send Finance master data to both Central Finance and legacy ECC systems.

Configuring the SOA Manager for Master Data Governance for Finan - SAP Master Data Governance - SAP ...

My assumption is Finance master data table structure is same in both Central Finance(S4/HANA) and legacy ECC system and we can use same web services to send the data to both the systems.

Please ease confirm if my understanding is correct.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards,

Ricardo

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

yes, you can use the mentioned web services to send data from MDG to S4 respectively ECC.

No, you cannot assume that the master data table structures are always the same in ECC, S4 and MDG:

S4 is the next product release of ECC. In some cases, data base table structures surely are a subject to change (e.g. S4 offers now a direct integration of secondary cost elements during account maintenance, too).

MDG-F itself roughly uses ECC as its source for data base table structures. Still it does not support each and every field (see SAP Note 2021246 for details).

The good news is that MDG-F takes care about the differences in the modelling when replicating data. You can be sure that data that is sent from MDG to S4 or ECC is understood by the receiving system and stored correctly.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Michael. Your inputs are very helpful!!

Answers (0)