cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restful Webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to create a Restful Webservice in SAP. I got the hint that I can create that in the Gateway Service Builder(t-code: SEGW). But, my concern is ,as SEGW t-code is used to create a OData service, how can i create a Restful Webservice. Is there any configuration or setting for that? or OData and restful Webservice is same? And I heard a term SData. Is this realted to Restful Webservice?

I tried to search on the forum but didn't get my answer. Any help  will be appreciated.

Thanks

Gourab Dey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Odata service requires the SAP User ID and Password in order to access resource. Hence, not recommended for consuming it in adobe form. We have to go for SOAP webservice only for adobe form. Closing the thread.

Thanks

Gourab Dey

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick answers. The basic idea is to create a Restful Webservice which can be consumed from the Adobe form, because Restful Webservice are light weight and flexible, we are preferring it over SOAP based webservice. If both Restful webservice and Odata are same, then can we consume the OData Sevice from adobe form?

Thanks

Gourab

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Gateway service (OData service) is REST based service and hence you can consume it in your adobe form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Chandrashekhar.

I will give it try and get back to you for sure.

Thanks

Gourab

Former Member
0 Kudos

This read () can be useful.

All the best

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OData service is RESTful webservice only. Refer OData - the Best Way to REST to know more.

-Chandra