Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License determination strategy based on a customer

former_member605874
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Forum members,

For one of our business processes, we would like to determine licenses based on the customer group or rather, block the SO's in GTS based on customer group. Any suggestions?

One idea I have is to create a license determination strategy based on country and customer, where we would be able to maintain determination strategy based on country and customers belonging to a a particular customer group. But the challenge here is that SAP GTS standard does not provide this access(Speaking about the CD01 to CD21 in determination strategy) and we need to insert this field in the access sequence and use it in the determination strategy, which may or may not be the right thing to do. This is just a thought.

Any ideas or suggestions from the experts...?

Thanks

Shivanand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivanand,

In GTS, the Legal Control function is by definition at product level. So, no suprise here that no determination strategy exist at BP level.

However, you can maintain a BP at license type level. So may be you can achieve your requirement by creating a license type where you would maintain the BPs that do not "block".

Technically, it is I believe feasable. In practice, this would mean maintain hundreads or thousands of BP in the license... and updating the license any time a new customer is created in ECC... No sure users would be happy here...

If most of the customers you want to block belong to a "sensitive" country, may be setting up an Embargo check at country level is more relevant: All sales to that country would block and user will have to release manually the sales to the customers they do not want to block.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Mouaz BEN REDJEB

former_member605874
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Mouaz,

I did set-up the license with BP attribute, but what you have explained is not our requirement. Whenever I am creating a transaction for a specific customer, every time the transaction should be blocked and after fulfilling the legal requirements the document should be released.

So, if we create and maintain the licenses with BP attribute, the documents will not be blocked once a license is created for that customer.

Any other ideas?

Regards,
Shivanand

mouaz_benredjeb
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can setup one-shot licencese i.e. a license valid for 1 PO or 1 SO only. So each time you have a new SO or PO the system will look for a new license valid for that customer.

Or, as I suggested, use the Embargo checks.