Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight Service agent partner not retrieved automatically in VT01N

ibtissem_benaicha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guys

I'm creating a shipment document for outbound deliveries with VT01N.

Only SP forwarding agent is retrieved automatically, after I enter the forwarding agnet in the header.

Could you please advise how can I get the Freight Service agent partner retrieved automatically too ? Below I entered it manually.

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

From where do you want to determine this automatically? If we enter forwarding agent in delivery order partner functions system copies that in shipment document. If you want to copy it from delivery then you have to enter it in there. Otherwise you have to enter it manually.

Thank$

ibtissem_benaicha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks for replying. Here are the partners I have in vendor and in OD, but in VT01N, I could not find the TF retrieved automatically ? What shall I add ?

I could not find the TF no where

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to know something from you. Why do you want to use forwarding agent and freight service agent both with same vendor number?

If you explain me the business scenario and requirement in details I could suggest you something better.

Thank$

ibtissem_benaicha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello MoazzaM

This information is mandatory for document printed, it is required by the customer.

Would you please help ?

Thanks

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Still you didn't explain the scenario and requirement in details. If this is only required on printout then you can ask the ABAPER to put some logic. You don't need to maintain in system for printing purpose only. There should be some logical reason to maintain two partner functions here.

We maintained this in my previous project and the purpose was to maintain forwarder agent for export transporter and freight service agent for local carrier in export shipments. What is your business requirement?

It would be nice if you spare few minutes and write some words to explain

Thank$

ibtissem_benaicha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to understand the business requirement from my side  and come back to you, because I was asked to implement this modification I thought it can be done by configuration .

Indeed , the information refers to the carrier and will be printed in forms. According to VDA4939, Carrier vendor can be different from forwarding agent vendor, so it seems to be the same requirement than you in your project.

I tried to check from technical point of view  even if the frowarding agent is not maintained in the vendor it is retreived automatically in VT01N, is this hardcoded ? Can TF partner be added automatically through some configuration or a development should be done ?

Thanks for your help.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In standard settings forwarder agent is copied from delivery order if you have entered there. If you have not maintained this in delivery then you need to enter forwarding agent in shipment document directly in VT01N.

Same logic will be applied to freight service agent. What I know is that freight service agent partner function is not there in delivery partners in standard. You can add this partner function in delivery and enter it manually there so that system can copy it from there. If it is not entered there then you have to maintain this in VT01N manually.

There is no link between forwarding agent and freight service agent master data Vendor numbers. You can' get it filled automatically based on vendor master data settings or relation.

Sometimes these will be same and sometimes both could have different vendor numbers. How would system know when it is same and when it is not? You have to enter it in delivery or shipment.

I hope I am clear now.

Thank$

ibtissem_benaicha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

In fact for my case, the partner SP : forwarding agent is filling in the bottom level, unless I have filled the forwarding agent in the top, and it is filled automatically, even I did not enter an outbound delivery in the shipment document.

You can see below I have enetered a outboud delivery in the shipment with partner forwarding agent in VL03N and route ... but it does not update the forwarding agent in the shipment document

The request is that as the partner SP forwarding agent is triggered automatically in the partners below, when inserting the forwarding agent for the shipment document, the freight service agent will be filled automatically too. I guess it should be done by code , because I was able by debugging to force TF partner type instead of SP and it was updated.

I want just to double check that there is no easier method , by configuration for example. In the beginning I thouight that the below customizing will solve the issue but no.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it is filled automatically, even I did not enter an outbound delivery in the shipment document.

With this statement it looks like your system has some custom code. You need to check this and coding is best option for you to meet this requirement.

Thank$

ibtissem_benaicha
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks a lot for your time and help.

Answers (0)