cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to combine two transactions?

suraj_pabbathi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are pursuing an option with screen personas. We want to basically combine two transactions. Is it possible with screen personas?

While creating a quotation using VA21, we want to see on hand quantity from MM43 for that store.

Thanks,
Suraj Pabbathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I think you can do this. You aren't so much combining two transactions as copying some data from one transaction into another. So, in VA21 you'd have a script that navigated to MM43, copied the quantity, went back to VA21 and pasted the copied value into a custom field. This is a pretty standard thing to do with Personas.

Steve.

suraj_pabbathi2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

I have a challenge, when I am in VA21 I enter few values in the process of creating quotation.

I enter article and before entering quantity, I need to know on hand quantity from MM43.

If I write a script to take article, go to MM43, bring back on quantity, by the time these values I have entered in VA21, will they vanish or stay there?

Thanks,

Suuraj Pabbathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Personas 3 scripting there is a "callTransaction" method as an alternative to "startTransaction". "startTransaction" will close the current transaction as if you'd typed "/ntcode" in the okcode box, so there's no going back. This is how Personas 2 scripting worked also.

However, "callTransaction" executes the new transaction in a separate session, leaving the current transaction state untouched so you can go back to it. If you use this you can do exactly what you are looking for...

Steve.

Answers (0)