Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log file monitoring troubles

kenny_vandemoortele
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm having some troubles setting up log file monitoring in SAP solution manager 7.1SP12. The metric remains grey...

My step are:

- creating a metric "File text pattern search" and activate it

- adding it to alert "log file monitoring"

- allowing sapservice<sid> to have read access to the directory that is monitored

- adding the monitored logfile path to the SAPCCMSR.INI file (working directory of the agent)

- restarting the agent

result is still a grey metric

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Kenny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny, Can you attach screenshot of configuration especially mandatory parameters Please note the following Parameters: FOLDER (mandatory): Absolute full path to the folder containing the monitored file(s). Wild cards are not possible. Please always quote the folder with \Q and \E. An example would be \Qc:\logs\E. FILEPATTERN (mandatory): Regular expression for file name. Please always quote the file pattern with \Q and \E. An example would be \Qexample\.log.*\E. SEARCHPATTERN (mandatory): Text pattern to be searched for as regular expression. The regular expression has to match to a complete logline in the analysed file. Kind regards, Roland

kenny_vandemoortele
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

We are monitoring  file1.txt on a windows server named "server1". The file1.txt is located on the E-disk > folder1 > folder11 > file1.txt

and the pattern we are searching for is *ERROR* somewhere in the file1.txt.

The template we are using in technical monitoring is a copy of the windows template and is assigned to "server1".

I've added in the SAPCCMSR.INI file for the host agent following line:

LogFile \\Server1\E$\folder1\folder11

then I have restarted the host agent.

The metric we created is a File Text Pattern Search with following settings:

DATEPATTERN: yyyy-MM-dd

DELTA_READ: True

ENCODING: UTF-8

FILEPATTERN: \Q*file*\E

FOLDER: \Q\\Server1\E$\folder1\folder11\E

MONITOR_NEWEST_FILES: 20

SEARCHPATTERN: *error*

SHOW_MATCHES: yes

The metric is checked every minute and has to be "red" if there is "1" ERROR

I assigned the metric to the existing alert "logfile monitoring"

After that, I just saved and reactivated the assignment for the windows template to "server1".

Could you maybe help us out with this information?

Best regards,

Kenny