cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap java.security.cert.certificateexception certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints error in SUM after installing SQL2012 SP3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have some issue in a portal upgrade to the last SPS/13.

I upgraded a portal to NW 7.4 SP7 on SQL 2008, afterwards  I upgraded the SQL to 2012 and started SUM again  to upgrade to last SPS but in  step  -> Requirements Check  -> message Database version not supported.

I installed SQL2012 SP3 and now SUM can’t connect to database.

SAP system has no problem starting.

Does anyone have a idea?

Thanks in advance

Log:

<!--LOGHEADER[START]/-->

<!--HELP[Manual modification of the header may cause parsing problem!]/-->

<!--LOGGINGVERSION[2.0.7.1006]/-->

<!--NAME[E:\SUM\SUM\sdt\log\SUM\DETERMINE-DB-INFO_01.LOG]/-->

<!--PATTERN[DETERMINE-DB-INFO_01.LOG]/-->

<!--FORMATTER[com.sap.tc.logging.TraceFormatter(%d [%6s]: %m)]/-->

<!--ENCODING[UTF8]/-->

<!--LOGHEADER[END]/-->

Dec 3, 2015 3:54:37 PM [Info  ]: Executing command dbinfo.

Dec 3, 2015 3:54:37 PM [Info  ]: Setting up the OpenSQL connection with secure store.

Dec 3, 2015 3:54:38 PM [Error ]: Could not connect.

Dec 3, 2015 3:54:38 PM [Error ]: com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: Exception of type com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException caught: The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints"..

Dec 3, 2015 3:54:38 PM [Error ]: Could not establish open SQL connection. Exception com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: Exception of type com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException caught: The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints"...

Dec 3, 2015 3:54:38 PM [Info  ]: Could not execute command dbinfo.

Dec 3, 2015 3:54:38 PM [Error ]: The following problem has occurred during step execution: com.sap.sdt.db.dmtif.DMTExecutionFailedException: Could not execute DMT command dbinfo. See previous messages.

Could not set up a database connection. See previous messages.

Could not establish open SQL connection. Exception com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: Exception of type com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException caught: The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints"...

com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: Exception of type com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException caught: The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints"..

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption. Error: "java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints".

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints

java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My original problem is solved by using SUM10SP16_2-20006676.

Regards

Erik

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

dyasser
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've just solved this issue with downgrading from Java 8 to Java 1.6. Then restarted SUM and all worked!

Hope this helps.

Dmitry

andrew_hodgins
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks, Dmitry! I was stuck with the same issue - also upgrading SolMan. For those who need to know how to downgrade:

1. On the computer/server that you're trying to connect to http://<server>:4239, go to: "Start > All Programs > Java > Configure Java".
  2. In the "Java Control Panel" window that pops-up, click on the "Java" tab and click the "View" button.
  3. In the smaller window that pops up, I saw two rows, one for java 1.8.0_71 and one for 1.8.0_60. I unchecked the checkbox for 1.8.0_71 in the "Enabled" column. and click the "OK" button to save and close.
  4. Then clicked the "Apply" and "OK" buttons on the "Java Control Panel" window.
  5. When I opened the Internet Explorer browser and went to http://<server>:4239, it asked me to verify that I want to run Java 1.8.0_60 instead of the current 1.8.0_71. I confirmed and the SUM console popped up just fine.

Andrew

spalc
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

worked for me using IE. in this case DSUGui.bat seems not to be an option.

regards, jean

0 Kudos

Thanks Dmitry

it is also worked for me.

Regards

./Krishna

iurii_borynskyi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, Erik. See note:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2056184

Some configuration needed  for SSL for SAP Host Agent.

Note referenced to SUM Guide.

May be this helps.

Yury

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yury,

Thanks for the response.

I will try to upgrade Kernel to the latest version and see how it works

Regards

Rathish

dyasser
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rathish,

Have you solved your problem?

I have a similar issue, running SUM SP 14 Patch 9 to update Solution Manager 7.1 on SQL Server 2008 R2 SP3 and got the same error:

Network input/output exception has occurred: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints java.security.cert.CertificateException: Certificates does not conform to algorithm constraints

Dmitry

luisdarui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erik,

There was an issue with the 1.2 JDBC driver as described in SAP 1428134, but for SAP NetWeaver 7.4 you shouldn't have such problems since you should be using the JDBC driver 4.0.

Are you using self-generated certificate or do you have another certificate used for encryption?

Also, do you have the screenshot from SUM about this error? It can be an error in SUM also.

Best Regards,

Luis Darui