Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

soap channel not capturing fault message

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on Proxy to soap scenario and working well and good until unless get the fault message.

The problem is I need to send 4 fields data to web services and 2 fields(keyword and page) are mandatory among those.

If I don’t send against keyword field I am able to get application error which is am anticipating here.

But there is another field “Page” if I don’t send to web services I am not getting application error instead I am able to system error.

Below is the screen shot

Note: I am not using Do not use soap envelop check mark

Also used this parameter XMBWS.NoSOAPIgnoreStatusCode in channel ..but no use.

Can anyone please tell me where is wrong.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswarareddy,

The parameter XMBWS.NoSOAPIgnoreStatusCode doesn't work is you don't use  "Do Not Use SOAP Envelope".

You can try with the parameter:

Module Key  =  soap

Parameter Name  =  noSOAPMakeSysErrFromResponseFault

Parameter Value  =  false

Also you have the parameter suppressAppFault, if you don't want to catch the fault response.

Regards.

Message was edited by: Iñaki Vila

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Thanks for reply..

actually i need to capture the fault message in all fault cases.

yes i knew that parameter does not help since i am not using "do not use soap envelope" option.

please guide why i am getting system error rather than application error.

if i get application error i can send fault data back to ecc. here that is not happening.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswarareddy,

please guide why i am getting system error rather than application error.

I am not sure but It could be a bug if you are using a PI below 7.3 version: 1109648 - XI/PI SOAP Adapter: Receiver Soap Adapter with fault message

Regards.

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

i have used parameter which you suggested above ..then request and response logs are showing in monitoring tool.

but request showing DLVD and response message showing cancelled status. is that ok?

i am thinking fault message case we should get application error.

also below are the observations.

when i tried to test message through wsnavigator tool.i could see timeout error also after i used above parameter though in monitoring tool logs were appeared.

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i am on 7.4 SP10..i think that note is not applicable for me

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any clues on this please?

after i added below parameter , message taking 5mins to process the message and finally going timeout status

noSOAPMakeSysErrFromResponseFault  and value false

also i found this blog to increase the time , though i dont want to change that parameter because i am working on Synchronous and need instant response from web services.

(WSR)Problems-P17 - Java Server Troubleshooting Guide - SCN Wiki

Answers (0)