Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Defect class is appearing while performing result recording

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear QM Experts,

While performing the Results recording in the transaction QE01, I can see the defect class value is appearing with a default defect class. The defect class which is appearing as default is configured in the Settings for Plant level in SPRO.

Example :

We have the following defect classes configured

01- Critical defect

02- Major defect

03- Minor defect

In the Plant level customization- under the Presetting inspection lot creation the defect class 02- major defect is assigned

while creating the defect codes with catalog type 9- I have given the defect class as 03- Minor defect for the code group and codes and while performing the result recording itself I can see the defect class field with 02- major defect. I have done the defects recording and given the respective code group with defect class - 03- Minor defect, even after saving the defects recording still the defect class is appearing as 02- Major defect as per the Plant level customization.

Please suggest how we can make the correct defect class to appear in the result recording screen.

Also I would like to know what is the functionality of the indicator "No next function" in the defect class customization

J.Balakrishnan 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you set Defects recording checkbox in the in the control indicator of the MIC? If you set it you need to maintain the defect codes for rejection at upper specification and lower specification limit.

1. Assume you have maintained the 02-Major defect at plant level customization
  2. The defect class for the defect code for lower specification limit in above case is 01-Critical
  3. Now when you record the result for the MIC and if the reading is lower that the lower specification limit then the defect class you would see is 01-Critical even though 02-Major is maintained at plant level customization

No next function - If this is ticked it indicates that no subsequent processed will be triggered for this defect class. If you choose workflow or Active notification then those processes will be triggered. If someone wants an auto email if the defect class is 01-Critical and if you choose workflow option it will trigger the process you mapped in the workflow for it.

Anand