Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP Optimizer: Model dependent Master Data

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

I want to understand if we can run optimizer on non-active planning version which is assigned to non-active model.

This is because we want to simulate various optimizer results based on different costs assigned to master data (resources / Transporation Lanes). We do not wish to change the master data in the productive system for the purpose of this simulation and hence the need for a different model. So whenever we want to model various scenarios we will just play around with the non-active model in the productive system and copy the costs once the model is finalized by business.

Let me know your thoughts.

Best Regards

Parth Soneji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pravin_tikar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Parth,

Yes, we can run optimizer on non-active planning version which is assigned to non-active model.

But Why do you want to run in Production only.. you can try in Quality/Dev systems.

Create Master data selection for Simulation Model and then use this in CTM profile.

Regards,

Pravin Tikar

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin

Hope you are doing good. And thanks for your reply.

Yes I am aware that I can use it in Dev/Quality for testing purposes. But we have a business requirement where business would like to run "What-If" scenarios in production itself to finalize their operation planning. Hence the need for running it in Live environment without affecting the master data for the existing Optimizer runs.

I see you have mentioned CTM profile. Can you tell me why CTM profile? I am talking about optimizer here.

Best Regards

Parth Soneji

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parth,

Planning version contains both master and transaction data and for simulation purposes we create multiple planning versions for each supply chain model. So, when we run any planning in simulation version (e.g. SIM), master data fields of active planning version(000) is referred and used. However if needed, we can maintain fields in master data e.g. different MRP attributes in product master of inactive planning version - that way during planning of inactive planning version it will refer these version specific fields from planning version SIM.

So in your case also will it not help to use the inactive planning version while running optimizer by maintaining the cost associated with T. Lane, resources directly in inactive planning version and using the same while running Optimizer?  (Transaction - /SAPAPO/SNPOP - SNP Optimization has field where we can specify the planning version). Please suggest if there is any other reason to create different planning version under new model.

Regards,

Alok

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alok

Thank you for your reply. I am aligned with you on all the information you shared. However, at least according to my tests which I performed, you can not edit the transportation costs / duration etc. in the non-active version of the Transportation lane. This is editable only with no version specified while accessign the T-Lane. There is an option of setting planning version in T-Lane but I am unable to have different values for a single field (i.e. transportation cost) for a single T-Lane in different versions. There are though few fields which are editable but not transportation cost which I want to simulate.

I assume it is designed this way. Let me know if I am missing something here.

Best Regards,

Parth Soneji

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parth,

Yes transportation cost  is not editable by setting the planning version - however without planning version it is editable. Seems it is model dependent field.

For resource though you have option to maintain version specific cost under Quantities/Rates as shown below -

Regards,

Alok