Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording results for inprocess against BOM components

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

Can we record results in a inprocess inspection lot ( 03 type) against the BOM components of the production order.

For example if the production order , has bom components :

C1

C2

C3

then I should be able to record results against C1,C2,C3.

If for the same header material , the production order has components :

C4

C5

C6

then I should be able to record results against C4,C5,C6.

As far as I know , we can record results against header material because lot is generated against it. I am thinking of using partial lot no. but that will not directly relate BOM component to results.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That's true. As per standard SAP, inspection result recording can be done against only the inspection lot created ONLY for the materials. As there is no inspection lots created for the component materials as that point of time, you can't record results against components.

A. In case if you wish to test the MOB components and record results, you should have an inspection plan linked to your header material where MIC's for components are assigned to it. Then you can track the component inspection results against the header material consuming these components. To achieve such a thing, you can check and create enhancements to follow below processes -

A. 1) Either you create a new inspection plan for header material where all MIC's for components C1/C2/C3 are tagged op top of the MIC's to test the header materials flicked form it's own inspection plan.

A. 2) If your components are having inspection plans created, and you do not wish to extend the MIC's for component inspection in your header material inspection plan. Add the MIC's form component material's routing as Ad-Hock inspection MIC's directly in your inspection lot. This can follow again two process -

A. 2.1) At the time when GR inspection lot is created via enhancement.

A. 2.2) Or, add the MIC's manually/programmatically directly in the inspection lot at QE02.Then these MIC's will have serial number 8000, 8010,....

You can test this in QE02 to understand what I am trying to suggest.

B) You can create manual inspection lots for the components [Insp type 89], and ensure that you record result against these manual inspection lots created for materials C1/C2/C3, before your GR inspection lot is result recorded for material M1. You can think of enhancement again at UD to validate that 89 inspection lots for components are UD = A then you can UD the header material

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arijit ,

Thank you for you answer. Development can be done but I am looking for something standard . Although I am quite sure its not possible but still wants to confirm. Lets wait for others to reply

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why you want to carry out inspection for the child components when the header is being manufactured? I believe the child components could either be the externally procured materials or in-house manufactured semi-fished components. In either of the cases you would already be having individual inspection lots for C1, C2 or C3 when these were procured or produced. And they must have been inspected earlier before they were sent on the shop floor line for issue. There could be many complications if you go for an enhancement. You must be aware that the result recording is done against the inspection lot only. How you would plan generating the lots for C1, C2 and C3 with reference to header? Then why not use the lots when these were actually procured or produced?

There is one functionality in QM but it is for the notifications and not for the result recording. While you record the defects for the header in notification you can explode the BOM in assembly and can choose the components that are causing the problem for the header.

Anand

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May we request you to share the solution how you resolved this? That would surely help all of us to learn.

Thanks,

Anand

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NO. You cannot. And you should never adopt such process. Anand has pointed out correct logic. Why do you need to record the results for the BoM components? They must have been inspected before and system must have results somewhere.

Pl share what is the process and exact reason for this requirement so that it can be approached appropriately.

NJ