Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Client Certificate

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to integrate SAP PI with SAP C4C system.

For Inbound Communication from SAP PI, we need to install certificate from SAP PI to SAP C4C so that C4C will accept messages from SAP PI.

How to get Client Authorized certificate from SAP PI??

BR,

Rashmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

KarthikBangeraM
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Once you perform 'Generate CSR Request' for the private key you have created in the keystore in PI, the Certificate authority responsible(Verisign/Comodo etc) will verify and send you the signed certificate. This certificate is the signed public key certificate for SAP PI.

You need to deploy this certificate in SAP C4C trusted keystore.

Regards,

Karthik

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In one of your ViewStore 'Trusted Cas' create a new private key then 'Generate a CSR request' for this key then send the same one to the SAP C4C and once they sign back your certificate and send it to you import that into your view(where you generate private key)  using 'import CSR response'  .The in your comm channel you can configure your private key.

Br,

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rashmi,

are self-signed certificate sufficient?

Your PI system should have an ICM_SSL_<instance_number> keystore view. There should be a private key and a certificate. You can take that certificate or issue a new one from the private key. You can send this certificate to the server and configure encryption on your side using the private key (I hope I remember this process correctly, I cannot check the system currently).

If self-signed is not sufficient, you need to request a private key from a certification agency. I haven't done this, but after importing this new private key the rest of the process should be similar.

Regards,

Jörg