cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V2 updates are not getting processed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

SAP Systems V2 updates are not getting processed, due to this updates tables are very large.

We are also noticing high disk reads on these tables which affecting the overall system performance.

All the V2 updates are on this functional module MCEX_UPDATE_03 with status Init.

RSM13002 or RSM13005 is not helping

Due to some reason, SAP Kernel upgrade or support patches upgrade is not an available option

At this moment, we are manually cleaning the unprocessed V2 updates which we want to happen automatically

Would any customized code help in this situation ?? as that is one of the option which is open and available

Any suggestions

R..../-

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

For your MCEX* queues your BW team should perform a periodic extraction.

Also please check note #1906295 that will give you a better idea of the how and why and transactions you can run to check.

As I said, you should coordinate this activity with your BW team.

Kind Regards,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amerjit,

Many thanks for your inputs

I will try this and update accordingly

R..../-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amerjit,

I forwarded the solutions suggested in the SAP Note mentioned by you and our BW team has come back with this question "could you please specify details on what data source is it related to?"

R..../-

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I checked the definition of the function module MCEX_UPDATE_03 (through the transaction SE37), and this is not a V2 update module. It is a V3 update module ("collective run").

I believe that the status of this update requests, at SM13, are "v2 processed", no?

This means that both the V1 and V2 part of the update request has been finished and only the V3 part is pending.

V3 updates are not processed automatically.

Read this SCN document for guidance with V3 updates:

Regards,

Isaías

Former Member
feng_shi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly, I would like explain V2:

V2 - Modules:

-can be processed later

-must not be relevant for vital data consistency

-must not depend on locks set in dialog part

-The application developer prescribes the type of the update module in SE37

(Start delayed => V2)

-When V1 finished, it will find V2 Process and start it

-when no V2 update process is configured, a V1 update process takes over V2

In this case, according to your description, V2 updates are not getting processed with status Init.

Init status means The update request has been created but has not been fully processed.

normally due to no free V2 workprocess.

I don't think updates tables large is the cause of V2 updates staying in status Init.

if you want the V2 updates can be processed automatically, just make sure there are enough V2 workprocess configured.

Thanks and best regards,

Shi Feng