cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to provide details to bank people

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My scenario is NFS to SFTP where xls should be picked up from a folder, should encrypt it and should be posted to Bank network without any transformation,so I am implementing ICO objects in which while configuring SFTP channel the details like Server name/IP ,Port, Timeout(ms), Server fingerprint,Username,Password,Filepath and public key are required from receiver bank side. When I mailed asking for same they replied saying in an email with the below comments instead of values like this:

1)Server name : Will be provided once the client shares their public IP.
2)Timeout(ms):
Since the file transfer will be scheduled the process will be connect à file transfer à disconnect for each process.

Hence, pls confirm whether I have to share the IP address of SAP PO/PI server here or the sender system IP and what is the purpose they asked us to share it ? Reg Timeout(ms) instead of providing the numeric value they commented like above.

Also pls let me know in this scenario can I use PGP module to just encrypt it.

Thnx,Nithin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithin,

1)Server name : Will be provided once the client shares their public IP.

This can have sense because the will need your IP to open the ports of its system to your PI IP

2)Timeout(ms): Since the file transfer will be scheduled the process will be connect à file transfer à disconnect for each process.

When you do the connection form SAP PI you choose to maintain the connection open or to close in each file transfer, you can establish a determinated timeout, however the called "the process" doesn't seem to clear that PI deposit the file, are you sure they don't have a process to pick the files instead to share a directory that a third-sytem like PI deposit them?

Also pls let me know in this scenario can I use PGP module to just encrypt it.

You can use it, but if the third-system have to decrypt you should know what algorithms they support.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

2)Timeout(ms): Since the file transfer will be scheduled the process will be connect à file transfer à disconnect for each process.

When you do the connection form SAP PI you choose to maintain the connection open or to close in each file transfer, you can establish a determinated timeout, however the called "the process" doesn't seem to clear that PI deposit the file, are you sure they don't have a process to pick the files instead to share a directory that a third-sytem like PI deposit them?

I think this isn't correct. You haven't such an option with the SFTP adapter. Here is the help documentation:

Configuring the SFTP Sender Channel - SAP NetWeaver Process Integration, secure connectivity add-on ...

If you want to maintain the connection you have to do some extra work. See SAP note 2069078.

My problem is that I have to guarantee that the connection will be closed after each try. But I can't find such infomation in the online help. I have only this SAP note that implicitly indicates this behaviour.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Inaki & Gil for your valuable time.

Hi All,

Sorry my requirement got changed !! My client is using SAP ERP where FI team will generate transaction files in .xls format and place it in Outbound shared folder from where the SAP PI should pick up the files and post to client gateway server in the required folder where it should also be encrypted. The next step is like Bank will install the SFTP  in gateway server of our client and that SFTP will poll for the new files in the outbound directory and pulls them to their bank network.

Reverse scenario is like SFTP will poll for the Bank server for reverse files from Bank and places it in the specified folder of Gateway from where PI should pick up the files and post them to Inbound shared folder of ERP.  But I have the below queries on the above scenarios:

1. I am using the ICO objects here for both Inbound & Outbound scenario, In outbound scenario where the transaction files to be generated from ERP system a file naming convention should be followed with parameters like Transaction type,date & etc to generate the file names so since there is no mapping involved here in PI what are the possibilities to achieve in PI? If it can be done through command line option in the channel then I am not aware of the script to generate the file name. Hence, is there any possibility for ABAP guys to generate the file name via any report after FI people generate file according to the bank format? Which will be easiest option ?

2. Since Gateway server of our client comes in between SAP ERP & Bank and encryption is used, my question is whose public key should be used to encrypt the files in PI either gateway server's or bank server's ?

Thnx,Nithin

0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am also having the same requirement as Nithin, Can anyone help what is the implementation process to be followed from Basis end in SAP ERP and PI systems.

Thank you in advance!

Udaya Bhanu