SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict authorizations on fields in FPP2

shah_viraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where I need to give authorizations to set of users such that, they can only modify telephone number, mobile number and e-mail address in FPP2. Except these three fields users should not have any authorizations to change any other fields.

For the solution of it, I check concept of Field Groups in FPP2 where we can restricts change of some fields using authorization object B_BUPA_FDG provided that, we maintain field groups those we want to restrict in SPRO node, of Business Partner in the Basic Settings under Authorization Managment   -> Define Field Groups Relevant to Authorizations. Now, my problem is I want to provide authorizations of only three fields, so I need to all the field groups except these three fields into customizing. Due to this, it can impact and create authorization related issue in other company codes also, where there is no such requirement.

How do I handle this?

Thanks

Viraj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Viraj,

Business Partner is not company-Code specific.

So, if you are using the Authorization Managment -> Define Field Groups Relevant to Authorizations, then, the authorisation will be for all the BP's.

Moreover, how are you segregating the BP's based on company Code.One BP can have mutiple CA's assigned to multiple Company Codes.

I think in your scenario, you are trying to restrict the set of Users, to change the fields only for those BP's which are linked to those CA;s which have a particular Company Code.

Can you confirm whether my understanding is correct.

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Viraj,

Business Partner is not company-Code specific.

So, if you are using the Authorization Managment -> Define Field Groups Relevant to Authorizations, then, the authorisation will be for all the BP's.

Moreover, how are you segregating the BP's based on company Code.One BP can have mutiple CA's assigned to multiple Company Codes.

I think in your scenario, you are trying to restrict the set of Users, to change the fields only for those BP's which are linked to those CA;s which have a particular Company Code.

Can you confirm whether my understanding is correct.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Yes Amlan, in our scenario, set of users for which restrictions should applied, they modify those BPs only for which all CAs are from single company code only. We have a link of BP->CA with single company code only. That means a BP contains multiple CAs but of same company.

Thanks

Viraj

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Thanks for your efforts in the same. I have implemented requirement using variant transaction functionality.

Thanks

Viraj