Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install a web application

paul_bao
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

I create  and publish a Web application.

On a IPad, I open Mobile Place and try to click INSTALL button below the icon, nothing happened, but I can open the web page by click the URL on the right side.

Is this the correct behavior?

Thanks,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Can you elaborate on the application and how you published it?  It is not obvious on the face of it what you have done and where a problem could be.

Suggested reading:

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG

paul_bao
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

SAP Mobile Secure can publish several types of application, Enterprise Application, Commercial App Store and Web Application.

If I install a Enterprise Application on a mobile device, the browser will download ipa or apk directly and start to install.

If I install a Commercial App, the browser will redirect to Apple store or Google play.

But When I try to install a Web Application(Click the INSTALL), nothing happens, I just want to make sure it is a correct behavior.

Best regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

If I understand your question correctly. You created a Web Application and want to install in an iPAD as we install any other app published in Apple Store.

You have the following two options.

1. You can access this application as just Web Application similar to any website.

2. You have to create a Hybrid app for your Web Application using Cardova or any similar tool for your web application.  Then you will get an app for iOS device which you can click and install on your device.

As per my understanding you are able to access the app as described in the 1st option.

For the second option you need to convert the web app to either apk(for Android devices) or ipa(for iOS devices) to install it in your device as any other app.

Hope your question is answered.

Best regards,

Jashua