cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date generation based on reoccurance parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

We have a use case where we want to create reoccurrence of events based on date parameters. The easiest way to think of this is scheduling a meeting in Outlook with a reoccurring pattern. We want to generate a list of dates based on parameters and my question is does such a procedure exist already or do we need to create it?

For example, say I want a list of dates for an event that occurs every Thursday for 15 weeks starting on date X. Again, very similar to the Outlook example but I want this list of dates returned to my application. I am familiar with the Generate Time Data procedure used for occasional generation of calendar data based on parameters stored in some NW tables. I'm looking for a similar procedure that we can call from an AMDP or another HANA procedure. Again, the Outlook reoccurrence model is very similar to what we want to do but what the list of days returned to another procedure.

Thanks in advance, George

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope, there is no such calendar processing procedure pre-built in SAP HANA.

Usually the requirements for calendar operation are very specific to the using application. So you might want to develop your own solution for that.

What might help you however are the procedures available from the SERIES data functions (Series Data Functions - SAP HANA SQL and System Views Reference - SAP Library). At least the generation of certain date ranges is easier than starting from scratch.