cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License consumption for service users ¿?

former_member235282
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

In a ABAP stack;

Do the service users have any licence consumption in productive systems like the dialog users? Is there any commercial cost when using service users?

I understand the differences between the users types but I have a big doubt if service type users have any consumption of license in the reproductive systems.

I appreciate your comments about this,

Regards,

DO

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do the service users have any licence consumption in productive systems like the dialog users? Is there any commercial cost when using service users?

As far as I know service users does not comes under license consumption. However you have to justify the reason of service user. If there are such activity by Service which should be done by Application Professional or Limited Professional then SAP may charge the license. So its depends up on the actual usage by Service user.

Regards,

Subhash

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

Based on your contract with SAP. You have to contact your local SAP support team and check the SAP link about user license measurement details (required SAP S-user id)

http://support.sap.com/licenseauditing.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

All Licensing costs entirely depends on the contract with SAP, do check your contractually agreed software license regarding user classification.

Also there is an existing thread on SCN which might help you

SAP User Licensing - Dialog, Service, System | SCN

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Irfan Ahmed