Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR date is different in LS24

former_member462582
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

GR posted on 11/18/2015 with material document 8147xxxxxx. but in  In LS24 transaction GR date shows as a  03/29/2012,i checked config is set as a addition to storage, mix storage ,Couid you please suggest why GR date as a past date,how to find why GR date showing as  03/29/2012,and how to correct this issue.

Regards

Mohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you add stock to the existing quant then this quant will keep its original attributes, do not allow to add stock to an existing quant if the GR date is an important information for you.

former_member462582
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for your reply

If i add the stock to Existing Quant GR date will change from 03/29/2012 to current date?

And also can you please explin me why GR date is not changed still from 2012

Regards

Mohan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No the date will not change. If you get new tenants into an old house then house will not become younger.

Your quant was never 0, hence it is still the quant that was created in 2012, as you added new quantity before the older quantity was completely withdrawn

former_member462582
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

So 2012 date never change,if i add new add qty for this quant,what will happen,and please expain me for storage bin and st type still showing as 2012

Regards

Mohan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why should I repeat the same answer a 3rd time? And what do you mean with "what will happen to storage bin and storage type"?

This is customizing and master data, nothing will happen to them with a movement

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Jurgen has correctly told you the answer

When the initial GR took place and the materials was located in to your St Type and St Bin then a quant was created and the GR date was added.

If you add some more of the same materials in to the same st type and st bin then that becomes part of the original quant and therefore takes on the sane GR date.

You have three choices

1.     Accept that this is Standard SAP

2.     Don't have addition to stock if you want unique GR dates for FIFO

3.     Use transaction LS22 and the quant number to change the GR date to the latest one BUT remember ALL of the stock min that bin will take on the new date!!

If for instance the material is subject to SLED then this is not advised as you will in effect extend the life of the product incorrectly

I hope this helps

Frenchy