cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA Live Filter Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Guys,

I have a HANA Live question. I will give a simple scenario.

For example, there is a HANA Live calculation view that I want to use. Let's call this HANA Live Calc View CALC1.

CALC1 consumes another HANA Live view CALC2, and CAL2 consumes CALC3. So it's like CALC1 <-- CALC2 <-- CALC3.

Now, I am created a new calculation view called NewView, and I will consume CALC1. I put a filter for company code in my view NewView, let's say company code = 100. Let's say company code table is consumed in CALC3.

When I execute my view, will all the data come to my view and then the company code filter will be enforced

OR

When I execute my view, HANA is smart enough to enforce the company code filter in the node where the table is being consumed?

Thanks,

Mic

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This highly depends on what is done in the underlying views to produce the field you filter on.

If we assume it has just been passed through, then the view unfolding process should make your filter (and even the filters in the SQL calling your view) applicable to the underlying views.

This is one of the main use cases for the 'SQL Execution' flag that you have to set to TRUE when extending HANA live views.

But when in doubt: tryout and use PlanViz to see when and where the filter gets applied.

Answers (0)