cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Values not released from DP to SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whenever I try to release negative demand(Forecast) or other key figures thru rtscopy, it gives an messgae Characteriscitc combination <location> < product> : Negative values reduced to zero.

I have implemented a fucntion module to split the requirement as per the planner's demand. So during RTSCOPY that fucntion module is called to check for the split fucntion.

However when i release the negative demand, it does not give the desired result in SNP.

Can someone please let me know what is the setting that I need to make to get the desired result for negative values?

TIA

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sandeep

just a few questions to get this clear.

are u using rtscopy for releasing demand to SNP? Time series to order series?? not through transaction MC90?

or are you just copying a TS keyfigure in DP to a TS keyfigure in SNP?

which Version are you on?

If you are on version 5 check if you have a no negative allowed on the planning area admin setup checkbox.

How is your negative forecast generated? Is this happening when you are forecasting as part of a negative trend? or is it happening because you manually make it negative Do you have anything setup in the forecast parameters?

PS. just interested to know what kind of scenario it is where you would WANT a negative demand that you release to SNP and what do you do in SNP with it?(is it returns??)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I m trying to copy and release. Am trying to copy time series to tiem series and release PIRs to PIRs.

Am on 4.1 and that does not have check box that you have mentioned.

Well its a combination of all. Before implementing my enhancement, I want to test all posssible scenarios.

I am loading negative forecast from an infocube and also trying to test the sceanrio by manually entering values. I am not only trying to enter negative values in PIR but also in time series key figures.

I hope the scenario is clear.

Kindly help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

DP to SNP release is TS to Order series when you use MC90

The error you get is because the LC order category FA , is not designed to take negative values. I suppose a negative forecast is like a positive planned order

I believe there is a code which sets any negative DP forecast value to zero when its released to SNP. (check notes and u will find a few that tell you how to do the corrections to make the negative into zero)

If you want to have negative forecast appear in SNP you need to have it copied into SNP into a time series KF using RTSCOPY but this will not behave like forecast and is only for display