cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hybris Marketing - trackable links within an email.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have been testing our hybris system, and have encountered an issue with trackable links. If I put a link in an email campaign and set it as trackable, then it works fine for people connected to our network (which the hybris server is on), but if someone outside the network tries to use the link it directs them to the server url and doesnt work.

If we turn off the link as trackable, then the link works for whoever.

Obviously having the links as trackable is a great piece of functionality, so any help with this would be great!

Thanks a lot,

H

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183196
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harrison,

SAP Hybris marketing places the tracking pixel to track “email opens” and you can define your “own links” to track click through’s.   The tracking pixel URL path will be something like the following: https://host:port/sap/public/cuan/link/100/F6CB08A4EB3B64EDDB865BE356D06FFBB85A63ED/pixel.gif

Please work with your SAP BASIS/Network admin team to place the anything after public/cuan outside your firewall i.e. make it accessible from any public network via reverse proxy.

Once done, the tracking emails will work for anyone.

Thanks

-Bharath

former_member217722
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

As link get opens  in my scenario, but I want to debug whats happening after clicking on link.

I found by using st05 trace, the class "CL_CUAN_MKT_EXEC_LINK_HANDLER" is getting triggered. But Iam unable to debug it. As basis guy says anonymous user we can't debug, so is there any solution to it.

I have approached SICF tcode and activate debug, and settings->debugging-> also but no use.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mithuunn.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can debug the anonymous ICF service by creating an external alias for it, see. e.g. here

http://www.stechies.com/create-external-aliase-transaction-code-sicf/

Maintain a user for this alias that you would like to use during debugging.

Then, take the tracking enabled link from an email and adjust the path in a way that it points to your alias. Then, you can debug the service by calling the URL in a browser. (Maybe you need to avoid single-sign on in your network by using e.g. an anonymous browser session/tab).

Best regards,

Frank

former_member217722
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the input, I have already used other solution like infinite loop.

Regards,

Mithuunn.