cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes to Availability control-CJBN impacts on existing Budgets

meesha_belani
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have made some changes to availabilitty control tolerance limits. The recommendation is to run :

1.CJBW - Deactivate avac

2. CJEN - Reconstruct PS info database ( Does this impact all the projects which probably did not have any avac activated , but had budgets assigned ?)

3. CJBN - Activate Availability control - Do I do this for all the projects or only current Projects with or without Budgets ? Does it impact projects which have a budget

Thanks for your help !

MB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhaskar_basam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meesha

Yes it will impact all the projects with or without Budgets.

Since you have made the changes in yours tolerance limits, you need to run first 2 steps to re-instate the effect of changes in all the projects selected. So when you run the last step the sytem will check the availability control as per the new changes for all the selected the projects.

Regards

Bhaskar

meesha_belani
Explorer
0 Kudos

So if I am understanding correctly,

There was no avac active for projects with budgets. I activated avac and changed the tolerance limits, ran CJEN/CJBN all the budget reports that the business runs would be now different ? would it change? If yes then what would change in the reports ?

I am just trying to guage if the impact would be incorrect in any way.

appreciate your help !

bhaskar_basam
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meesha,

There would be no impact on your already posted amounts in budget reports. Since you have activated the avac now, system will check the budgets from now onwards while doing the posting in these projects.

Regards

Bhaskar