Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repetitive quality inspection

former_member209133
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We having a route in which inspection is required at 1st operation and on 2nd operation.

On POD, at first operation inspection has performed. SFC is moved to the 2nd operation.

When we are going for inspection at 2nd operation it is asking for to collect data again which we have already collected at 1st operation

along with data collection of 2nd operation.

My question is if we have already collected the data, why it is asking for again. Because of this 2 times data collection value is going to ECC for 1 st operation.

Is it the normal behavior or there is some data issue ?

In system rules we have kept 'Allow multiple inspection' as TRUE as we need to collect the data again if value is out of DC limit (after logging the NC)

It will be very helpful if we get a document of steps need to follow for 100% inspection and less than 100% inspection.

Thanks & Regards,

Kshitiz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kshitiz,

The behavior described by you looks like an issue that was fixed in latest version of ME...

On the inspection step you should be able to collect only those DC parameters that have attachment point with current operation. The only exception is the last step of the routing, which is marked by default with Block SFCs Until Inspection Finished checkbox. On this step you should be able to collect all inspection parameters that weren’t collected on inspection steps for some reasons.

Regarding Allow Multiple Data Collection system rule, it allows you to collect inspection DC parameter again only if SFC is being processed on the same steps repeatedly. Ideally, you need to collect data for the first time, log NC code with disposition and then process same SFC on this inspection step again. During second time you just need to call DC plugin and there is no need to fire QM030 activity since SFC is already marked as a sample. For correct handling of the collected data, it’s recommended that you set Ext. numbering drop-down to Unique external numbering possible or Unique external numbering required. This drop-down can be found on the Header Details screen of Routing Maintenance in SAP ERP (CA02 transaction).

Thanks!

former_member209133
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Evgeniy..

Thank you for sharing knowledge which is very helpful

In which version issue got fixed? We are using ME 15.0 Patch 3.

Is there any work around? We have tried with AUTO_NEXT rule on activity DC500 & DC_ENTRY_LIST but it also doesn't helped.

Yes for handling the collected data we have already using unique external numbering and its working good.

Regards,

Kshitiz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kshitiz,

It was a number of changes in this area so your issue probably was fixed

We have tried the following scenario on ME 15.1:

1. Routing has two operations

2. Each operation is an inspection step

3. We process SFC on the first step and collect data on the first step

4. On the second step we can see DC groups from first and second operations but when you choose first DC group list of parameters is empty as all the parameters were collected on the first step. When you choose second DC it shows parameters which belong to this group and you can enter data.

Can you please confirm that you have the same setup as I describe above?

Thank you,

Evgeniy Ulitin

former_member209133
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Evgeniy,

Point 1 and 2 are same.

To perform inspection and data collection we have added a one button on POD and assign activity QM030 and DC500 on it.

So every time when status shows 'Complete Pending' operator will click on this button.

At first operation, clicking on button will show a SFC group no., click on OK then it will open Data collection list plugin. Provide the value and click on Save.

At second operation, clicking on button will show a SFC group created earlier, when you click on OK it will show new SFC group. After clicking OK again it will open DC list plugin.

Now here I can see both the parameters.

Even I have configured DC plugin separately it shows both the parameters.

Can you please provide the rules you have defined in QM030 & DC500, might be this could be the difference in our systems.

Thanks & Regards,

Kshitiz Shrivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kshitiz,

Behavior you are describing is indicative for the case when you have not collected DC for all SFCs chosen for sampling or not marked as samples required quantity of SFCs. And on last step system forces you to have required number of SFCs be chosen as samples and collect DC for them. If you sure that SFC in your example has been marked as a sample (you can check it in SFC group report) and data collection was done for it on the first step and system still forces you collect data for the DC from the first step then this is a defect and I would suggest to log a ticket on this.

Thank you,

Evgeniy Ulitin

former_member209133
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Evgeniy,

We have collected the data at first operation, still it is asking to collect at next operation.

Yes, now we need to log a ticket as it is creating one more issue. Even On 2nd operation I have not provided value for the parameter which already collected at first operation. Still it is sending two separate notification for OP10 and OP20 in MEINT. For OP10 it has sent previous collected record again.

Thanks & Regards,

Kshitiz

Answers (0)