cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

valuation Of receipts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

Difference between conservative vs progressive Vs exact vs total consrevative logic

If my sales order with requirement  quantity is 10000 which is created on 20/11/2015  , I have stock of 10000 available on 20/11/2015

If  my issue limit is 00:00:00 and receipt limit is 12:00:00 then when the confirmed date and time  will be ?

what could be MAT time for

Conservative

progressive

Exact

Toatal Conservative

I have refered below link .But still facing confusion in understanding pls help.

Valuation of Receipts and Issues in Buckets

Any one can help me please

Thanks & regards

Jaisree

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I thought your question was answered here:

Please understand that shift receipt is only relevant in conservative logic. So the question is wrong here. Instead of the question, you may want to share the exact requirement you want to achieve using the buckets? May be then people can understand and answer your queries!

Thanks

Parth Soneji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi perth

Thanks for your response

I have small doubt after reading below definitions :

• Progressive

Receipts are confirmed at the start of the bucket.

• Conservative

Receipts are confirmed at the end of the bucket.

• Totally conservative

Receipts and issues are only confirmed between the end of the receipt bucket and the start of the issue bucket. This ensures that all requirements are covered by the end of the relevant receipt bucket at the latest.

• Exact data

The ATP time series are ignored. Since all the relevant data is instead collected in liveCache and used for the product availability check, this setting can lead to a poorer system performance

Receipts confirmed at start of bucket what does it mean ?

Regards

Jaisree

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

If your bucket is from 00:00 to 23:59 (1 day bucket without any issue limit) and you are using progressive strategy:

When you have a inbound element (PO/Pl.O, etc.) coming at let's say 14:00. It will be made available at start of the bucket (00:00).

So you will see this element at 00:00 in ATP screen. This also means that if you have an issue (Sales order for example) which needs confirmation on the same day - it can usethis inbound element for confirmation as this inbound element will be considered in ATP calculation. If it was conservative logic, this inbound element will go (evaluated) at the end of the bucket and hence the issue which needs confirmation today will not be able to use this for confirmation.

Hope now it is clear!

Thanks

Parth Soneji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parth

Thanks parth

so I can conclude that in conservative logic todays receipts will be used for tomarrow as per our issue and shift receipt element time

If we select 00: to 23:59 the it comes under progressive if it is 00:00 to 12:00 then it is conservative logic

Regards

Jaisree

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

For the first statement- Yes you can say that if you are working with daily buckets.

Second one - No. Logic is not dependent on issue limits and receipt shifts. You have to explicitly specify which logic you want to use as I have already mentioned in one of the screenshots. You are confusing two things.

Best Regards,

Parth Soneji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi parth

If my shift receipt is 12:00 and issue limit is 00:00. if i select explicitly as conservative logic .suppose if i have receipts (planned order ,stock etc )then receipts will be used after 12:00 .

If my shift receipt is 12:00 and issue limit is 00:00. if i select explicitly as progressive  logic .suppose if i have receipts (planned order ,stock etc )then receipts will be used at 00:00(Start of bucket).

please correct it if something wrong .

Thanks

Regards

Jaisree

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You are right. Except for the fact that shift receipts are not used with Progressive logic.

Hope this answers your question.

Best Regards,

Parth Soneji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parth

Final question

For progressive logic shift receipt should be 00:00 because receipt will be considered at start bucket .

please correct if something wrong

Thanks

Regards

Jaisree

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You are right. Please try doing some scenarios in your sandbox system to have better understanding. good luck!

Best Regards

Parth Soneji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi parth

Sure I will try in my sand box .

Thanks for you patience and quick replys

Regards

jaisree

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member