cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cumulative over rolling time period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There has been a requirement from our client where we have to calculate a cumulative value on a given KF. How can it be made possible via back-end configuration?

For example, Say we have 1 KF: KF1@PL and another KF: CUMKF1@PL (This will be holding the Cumulative result of KF1). Now Let

KF1 have the following value over a 4 week period: 100     140     80     90

So CUMKF1 should contain:                                     100     240     320   410

Need help in this,

Regards,

Indaarjit  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Indaarjit

do you know how you build key figures with time period offset? You find that in the model reference guide

http://help.sap.com/download/ibp/ibp40_model_ref_en.pdf

You can find configuration description and examples for that in chapter 18.5 "Exaple: Attribute Transformations" --> Time Period Offset.

So what you can do is create a key figure KF1Shift that moves the content of KF1 by one month according to the documentation, and than in CumKF1 you just sum up KF1 + KF1Shift

Yours, Irmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Irmi,

I tried it with a KF(KF1Shift) for shifting the value by 1 period (Using COPY operator with Period Shift of 1 unit time, though). What happened is following:

KF1 :                                                                                      100    140     80     90     100   70

KF1Shift(Shifts KF1 value by 1 unit period):                             100    140    80     90     100  

CUMKF1 :                                                                             100    240     220  170   190   170

whereas the target is:

If KF1 :                                                     100     140     80     90     100   170

CUMKF1 should contain:                    100     240     320   410   510  680

I also tried by replacing the input of KF1SHIFT with CUMKF1 but the scenario appeared to be the same as before.

KF1 and KF1Shift are stored KFs whereas, CUMKF1 is calculated

Could you please tell us, if we are missing out something?

Regards,

Indaarjit

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor

Dear Indraajit

yes you are right...

I tried to think about another workaround to do it, but at present I could not find any

(except you calculate every poeriod seperately with a seperate KF and add them up at the end, but that is not a solution)

That means at the moment I see only LCode or Excel EPM key figure

• In Excel EPM, it is easy, but you cannot use it in Analytics than. You can create a new row and put in your formula such as .
    The only thing you need to check is that the previous month is really a month and not the keyfigurename by e.g. (depending on in which cell your grid starts)
    =IF(ISNUMBER(J11),K5+J11,K5) with K = first column with months, Line 5 = the line with your original KF1, and line 11 = the line in which you post your result

• LCode coding itself is not the issue either, but you need to align with your SAP contact beforehand

Sorry!

Irmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Irmi, Since we are not using this in analytics, we will try to perform this from Excel-end.

Out-of-Curiosity, could you please elaborate on what we exactly have to do while going in for LCode?

Could not understand "SAP Contact" part of your response though.

Regards,

Indaarjit

Irmi_Kuntze
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Indaarjiit

For usage of LCode it is needed to contact SAP delevopment to ask for permission and check the code.

Best for you would probably be to open OSS message and evaluate if LCode is really needed and discuss what is best way

I cannot really say what is the official way. If you are interested in more details, open a new chat for that, or likely there is already one existing

Yours

Irmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Irmi,

Answers (0)