cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis for office 2.2 : Not writing "text" back to DSO.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue with Analysis for Office 2.2. I have a planning Query, which writes comments back (as keyfigure) to a DSO (write enabled).

The Query Works fine with Analysis for Office 2.1, It generates my record in the DSO. When opening the same Query with analysis for office 2.2, it writes back to the DSO, but generates a blank line (value = #).

When writing values, both 2.1 and 2.2 Works.. So only the txt is not being written back in 2.2.

Any one had simular experience ?

Thank you,

Joergen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - I don't think all the fixes from 2.1 SP03 made it into 2.2 yet....

0 Kudos

Hello Tammy,

thank you.

So what is the highest SP on 2.1, where it works writing back TXT to a DSO ?

Right now, i'm on SP 00 (2.1.0.8486), here it works.

regards,

Joergen

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That might be worth submitting an incident for 2.2; I can't recall if Stephen/Torsten were reporting some fixes from 2.1 SP3 didn't make it to 2.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

I'm wondering a bit about your statement...

Could you please enlighten us about SAP's strategy and if possible detailed infos, not only a high-level roadmap:

Which newer AO version does not contain which functionality that has been available with a previous version?

Wanna have an Example?

In 1.4.10 the "definition of zero display (Measures -> General Format)" is not working!

Nevertheless that feature was available at least from version 1.3.6.

So how is the exact strategy of SAP to give and to take functionality from version to version?

(I could have opened my own question, but I hope you can create a short document on that)

Thanks, Martin

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Martin - I hope you understand, I am not comfortable making such comments, as I am an SAP customer myself.  Your question(s) should be directed at SAP in my view, not me.

I was only relaying what I saw other community members say about not all fixes making it to the next release.

SAP has 4 releases of Analysis Office now - 1.4, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 so it might be difficult for all fixes to be in all releases (my take only here)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

you are probably right... and so I commented also here:

http://scn.sap.com/community/businessobjects-analysis-ms-office/blog/2015/11/26/announcing-general-a...

Nevertheless, it is YOU, who asked all the time in the past that users should try the "latest version" ... and this is a farce, if old functionality is missing in newer versions!

However, yes I expect that fixes are taken into all future releases...

There are companies which rely on that tools, e.g. for their business planning.

I think I don't have to tell you about the effort of testing each and every version about proper functionality and not to gamble with IT's reputation if hundreds of business users would not be able to execute their planning or reporting activities...

For me it looks like that SAP is not taking this into consideration on their current path of "fast progress" at all costs 😞

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin - I don't disagree with you and understand the frustration

Yes, situation-dependent, I do recommend going to the latest release for fixes.  But now with 4 code-lines for Analysis Office, my guess is this isn't always possible. 

It isn't even always possible with BI4.x as SAP told us on an ASUG webcast this week  - e.g. with BI4.2 in ramp-up and BI4.1 SP7 released just this week, fixes from BI4.1 SP7 aren't in BI4.2 ramp-up

Tammy

torsten_wirth
Participant
0 Kudos

I have mentioned this concerning force logon with SSO. And this one missing fix is enough for us to stay on 2.1 SP3 (because we need it). So I'm not sure which other fixes are missing.

I think there is no overview (or I don't know it) which fixes are included and which are not included. That means checking every note in my opinion.

This kind of things happen when SAP decides to split the code (which means from that point they have two separate code branches).

There will be no more 2.1 version after SP3 (according to SAP) which means that 2.2 should get all fixes as fast as possible. Maybe at the end of the year with 2.2 SP1.

Answers (0)