cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF: subcontractor stock mapped in APO PPDS at plant location level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Subcontractor stock has been ciffed to APO but is visible at the plant location level and not at the vendor location level. Your support is welcome in understanding why it possibly happened and how to have it corrected. No errors are shown in CCR...

Thanks & BR,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

541 - Transfer posting unrestricted-use stock - stock of material provided to vendor.

With movement type 541 you provide the subcontractor with the components required for subcontract orders.

Please refer SAP help link

Subcontracting with Source Location in PP/DS - External Procurement - SAP Library

Subcontracting with Source Location in SNP - External Procurement - SAP Library

Vendor representing the Source Plant.

You need a Vendor with Plant Assignment.

Transaction XK01/02 On the "Purchasing data" Tab, click "Extras". lick on "Add. Purchasing Data", then fill the Plant number in the "Plant Assignment" box.

Or another way to use exit APOCF011 EXIT_/SAPAPO/SAPLCIF_STOCK_001 Inbound Processing: Stock.

Please refer consulting notes

432038 - Creating a location product for customers and vendors

492591 - FAQ: Stock forwarding

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the additional information. Actually my question was more specific, stock was ciffed at plant location level with category CE. It is required to have it at the vendor/subcontractor location level.

Best Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

Please check below setting under maintain category .There is indicator Relevant at sub location level check whether it is ticked or not

Under customization Advance planning optimization-> Global availability to promise->maintain category

Check the below link

Maintaining Categories - Global Available-to-Promise (Global ATP) - SAP Library

Check whether is relevant setting or not . i hope if you tick the indicator  then you can not post at plant level.

regards

Virender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

Thanks for the additional information! I checked this indicator and it is not ticked but I understand it is only valid for ATP

Regards,

Chris

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I hope material is extended to vendor location. In CIF1 select vendor specific stock and also assign  vendor number in that integration model.

Stock at subcon vendor will get transferred only if you include it in the same model as the vendor.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Materials were extended after the stock was transferred and this is the reason of the misbehaviour. I deleted the stock orders and ran deltareport, they are now visible at the vendor location.

There is an additional question popping up for the transfer requirements from the plant location to the vendor location. These are visible as planned orders but I would like to see them as stock transfer pureqs in APO. Is this possible?

Best Regards,

Chris

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

For subcontracting there are two orders which are linked together: a subcotracting stock transfer order and a planned order at the subcontractor.

A planned order in the subcontractor location produces the material in that location and a stock transfer requisition transfers the material from the subcontractor location to the demand location.

Subcontracting scenario is that a demand in Production plant created dependent demand element in subcontracting location and to cover this dependent demand a Planned order is generated;

The planned order e.g. gets deleted when the requirement in production location gets deleted.

Please refer the help document.

Subcontracting with Source Location in PP/DS - External Procurement - SAP Library

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for this additional information! the planning process for the subcontracted material is pretty clear and works fine. My question was regarding components transferred from the plant to the vendor to assemble the subcontracted assembly.

Best Regards,

Chris

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What is the procurement type at vendor location?

Could you please share screen shot of vendor and plant location orders?

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Procurement type at vendor location = X

I cannot share screenshots including product information sorry

Best Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The issue is now solved, there were missing transportation lanes for the components as well as an adequate product heuritics in product master.

Best Regards,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

Check whether you have mentioned Special procurement key or not

Regards

Virender

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If your issue is addressed, please close the discussion.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar