cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import ABAP step failed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I try installing SAP R3 ECC 6.0 but it's error in Import abap phase below. I trying to find solution but not find.

I have attached import_monitor and import_monitor.java.

Please help

Monitor jobs: running 0, waiting 0, completed 0, failed 201, total 201

Windows 2008 SR2 64bit

SAP ECC 6.0 EHP7 IDES with oracle 11g2

Oracle client 12.1

Regards'

Thanut J.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through below mentioned KBA..

2146357 - How to start analyzing Migration Monitor issues during execution of Software Provisioning ...

Also check for the error in VRSMODISRC.log

ERROR: 2015-12-02 14:52:35 com.sap.inst.migmon.LoadTask run Loading of 'VRSMODISRC' import package is interrupted with R3load error. Process 'C:\usr\sap\TES\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\R3load.exe -ctf I "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\New older\51050166_1\DATA_UNITS\EXPORT_1\DATA\VRSMODISRC.STR" "C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\BS2013SR2\ERP607SR2\ORA\INSTALL\STD\ABAP\DDLORA_LRG.TPL" VRSMODISRC.TSK ORA -l VRSMODISRC.log' exited with return code 2.

For mode details see 'VRSMODISRC.log' file.

There are many such entries in import_monitor log file.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prithviraj,

In VRSMODISRC.log I found error below.

(TPL) ERROR: unknown template variable "tablespace"

(TPL) ERROR: at line 5 in file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\BS2013SR2\ERP607SR2\ORA\INSTALL\STD\ABAP\DDLORA_LRG.TPL

(TPL) ERROR: does R3ldctl and R3load have different patch levels? (R3load: kernel 742 patch number 220)

---------------------------------------------------------------

I have replace R3load and R3ldctl with the new version but I still found error below.

(TPL) ERROR: unknown template variable "tablespace"

----------------------------------------------------------------

This is version of R3load and R3ldctl

R3load_513-10011364.SAR   R3LOAD

Support Package SAP KERNEL 7.21 EXT 64-BIT UC Windows on x64 64bit MaxDB

R3ldctl_616-10011364.SAR   R3ldctl

Please advise.

Regards,

Thanut J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanut,

In the error screen-shot of SAPInst you mentioned earlier it showed Oracle as the database and here it tells MaxDB....

R3load_513-10011364.SAR   R3LOAD

Make sure you have R3load and R3ldctl of latest version and check..

Also paste the error log from DDLORA_LRG.TPL file.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you are not doing installation based export of another system,

Please check following SAP note for some hints.

1480785 - Creating a Modified Windows Kernel DVD

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prithviraj

Thanks for notice.I have replaced R3load and R3ldctl but I found the same error.

(TPL) ERROR: unknown template variable "crestm"

(TPL) ERROR: at line 46 in file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\BS2013SR2\ERP607SR2\ORA\INSTALL\STD\ABAP\DDLORA_LRG.TPL

(TPL) ERROR: does R3ldctl and R3load have different patch levels? (R3load: kernel 742 patch number 220)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I use the primetive version I found error below.

(TPL) ERROR: unknown template variable "crestm"

(TPL) ERROR: at line 46 in file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\BS2013SR2\ERP607SR2\ORA\INSTALL\STD\ABAP\DDLORA_LRG.TPL

(TPL) ERROR: do you use R3load older than R3ldctl? (R3load: kernel 742 patch number 38)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have attached DDLORA.TPL file.

Thank you for help.

Thanut J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

Have you replaced kernel tool R3ldctl (located in directory <SUM_DIR>/abap/exe )

Please confirm.if not try and again.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I have downloaded and replaced (R3load, R3dtlctl) in C:\usr\sap\TES\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64

Regards,

Thanut J.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanut,

can you please uncar fresh kernel exe files from installation software... update the uncared exe with suggested R3load, R3dtlctl. if possible add Lib dbsl too and try.

some how this where issue is pointing.

Regards

Anand

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had the same problem some time ago. R3load complained about the "crestm" keyword and regardless how high a version I installed, the error remained. The solution was to delete following 2 lines from your DDLORA.TPL and DDLORA_LRG.TPL files:

crefunc: &crestm&

drpfunc: &drpstm&

These lines are intended for a functionality (user-defined functions), which you may be certain does not have any relevance to the SAP database you are working with (they are described in SAP KBA 2044380).

Regards,

Mark