Also

Entity Type to Be Used by Business Object Type

UI Modelling

USMD_OTC - BO Type

Process Modelling

CR - Data MODEL- Entity type - Business Activity

When I try to create a CR through NWBC,

URL - http://server:<port>/nwbc/?sap-nwbc-node=app_window_body

My model is selected, then I can enter the Key fields, when I click Continue Button

I get error -

Cannot determine a UI configuration

Message description says - Maintain UI Configuration ID in either User Master Record or in Change Request

On debugging found that at both these places, code is searching for Application type USMD_VALUE_ENTITY2 but I am using USMD_OVP_GEN,

hence certainly I am using a wrong application to create CR for UI type USMD_OVP_GEN

Then what is the correct one?

regards,

M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Since you run the role via NWBC, perhaps you are running the old one that utilizes USMD_ENTITY_VALUE2.

You want to run the new role that utilizes the USMD_OVP_GEN.

The role name would be ending at 04 or 05 depending on the MDG version you have.

If you chose a role that ends at 03, you will be looking at the old web dynpro application that you apparently see.

Cheers,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

I am on MDG 8.0 and I got role SAP_MDGX_MENU_04 assigned to my user.

Is there an explicit way to run USMD_OVP_GEN?

Cheers

Mush

former_member196830
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You should be able to create your Favorite in SAP GUI.

Right click on the Favorites menu, select Add Other Object and then scroll down to the bottom to chose Web Dynpro Application.

Enter USMD_OVP_GEN in it and select the Configuration from the Application Config. dropdown in the Parameters you can specify your PROCESS (business activity).

Cheers,

Boris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Boris, this worked.

ashish_bhadani
Explorer
0 Kudos

HEy Borris,

I try creating Custom UI for Z Data Model but i am facing problem as my CRUIBB is not coming even following all the steps.........Done config for MDG Communicator also with same name as Application Configuration,,,,,,,,,,,But still facing such problem no CRUIBB with Submit button is coming ........Will there be a any authorization issue?

Answers (0)