Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set to which client the system alias will point by default

yanev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi to all gateway experts,

I will go right to the point: The scenario is that I have 2 different clients in the system where my back-end is, 100 and 120 (100 is only for development and configuration). Then I have another system for the NW Gateway and here I'm using the system alias and the service both created in the development system client 100.

The alias points to 100 by default. You can see the problem here, my data is in 120...

So my question is how can I make the system alias to point to client 120 instead of 100 while I call the service from the Gateway system?

Whenever I try consuming the service in front-end i call it like this:

"sapgwd.xxxxxx.net:XXXX/sap/opu/odata/sap/<SERVICE_NAME>/<ENTITY_SET>?$filter=..........."   ----- in this case i can catch my BP in client 100.

And when I set the URL like this:

"sapgwd.xxxxxx.net:XXXX/sap/opu/odata/sap/<SERVICE_NAME>/<ENTITY_SET>?sap-client=120&$filter=............." like this I get another popup in the browser to log on client 120 from the NW Gateway system (which doesn't exist anyhow...)

If someone has any ideas on this, please share.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

I described a solution in my following comment to my post in SCN

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41416#comment-635868

Best Regards,

Andre

yanev
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

I want just to change the already created system alias to point to the other client, don't need to create more aliases. I tried to do the configuration in SPRO as described here: Creating the SAP System Alias for Applications - SAP NetWeaver Gateway - SAP Library

As you can see I've set the System ID and the client to the ones I want to get the data from. And I've copied this configuration in 120 as well.

However when I try and call the service: http://sapgwd.XXXXXXXX:XXXX/sap/opu/odata/sap/<SERVICE_NAME>/<ENTITY_SET>?filter=IKunum eq '11927'

I can still see in debug that it's going in the client 100 not 120.

Any thoughts?

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes, you are using the wrong RFC destination.

System Aliases are meant as wrappers around RFC destinations that point to the different backend systems.

You have to change the RFC destination from 'NONE' to a destination that points to client 120.

The client and system id column are only used for the following:

When you register a service from SEGW in the backend you have to call the transaction /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE remotely from the backend. You want to use only system aliases in the hub that point to your backend. Using the client and the system id of your backend as a filter (provided the columns are appropriately maintained) allows SEGW to find the right system aliases. If several system aliases match you will get a dialog allowing you to choose the system alias for which the service shall be registered in the hub.

Best Regards,

Andre

Answers (0)