cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what does this error code means CRR 00143

0 Kudos

Using java restful api to export URI http://baseuri/infostore/reportId/rpt/export?mime_type=application/pdf

getting the below error response from enterprise crystal reports, what does that mean

<error_code>403</error_code>

<message>

This request requires that the report be refreshed (by getting a new instance). (CRR 00143)

</message>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This means one of two things

• you don't have rights to refresh the report
  • or the report is saved in the repository without saved data

My guess is the second problem where the report is empty.

to refresh the report so that it has data, you need to create a transient instance and answer any info that's required (ie database logon or parameter info).

firstly, you need to request for a new instance:

GET:  /baseuri/infostore/<reportId>/rpt/instance

copy the response and use it as the body for a POST to the same URL.  If any info needs to be filled (such as db logon or parameters), fill it with the correct values.

the resulting response will contain a unique url for the new transient instance (ie your refreshed report with data).  it will look something like:

http://<baseuri>/infostore/<reportId>/rpt/6d01xQVdyiJb......

use this URL for your next request (GET) with  "/export?mime_type=application/pdf" added to the end of the URL and you should get your export.

Dan

0 Kudos

thanks Daniel it is working

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Daniel one more question how to apply formula or filter on db columns using restful api?
I want report to run between specific dates on database column

daniel_paulsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You will need an interactive parameter defined in the report that filters on the specified date range,

You add the parameter name, plus range values to the URL.

See section 3.5 "Interactive Parameters" in the documentation for the correct syntax depending on the parameter types you use.

Dan

0 Kudos

I don't have any interactive parameters setup on my report is that must be interactive parameter